Sheffield City Centre Now! what a mess

Bigger urban area in having more roads shocker.

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

So no different to any other town or city centre then really.

The topic is about Sheffield city centre, of which Im talking about.

4 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

The topic is about Sheffield city centre, of which Im talking about.

Indeed but people go on and on around these parts about Sheffield being an outlier and it isnt happening anywhere else.

Wake up sheeple.

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

very familiar with Sheffield and its such a shame it is like it is, hence why we moved! 

Please come back.  We're really missing you.

Sheffield city centre has its issues for sure but my god, people that moan about it need to get out and travel more. There’s a lot of good stuff too. Try going to lots of other UK cities - you can’t park for free, retail is struggling, there’s lots of student accommodation… I always think better of Sheffield when I come back from somewhere else! 

4 hours ago, ab6262 said:

trouble is she had a load of papers and a lap top and it was for an important meeting and it was p***g down so no a car park is not the best to walk for that especially in heels......

.......Why is that ironic that she was having a business meeting  in sheffield??? she oversees 250 licencing premises in the north of englandfor a big chain and it was to discuss a couple of venues which may close.....now thats ironic!!

What if that's the case, presumably like myself she will be well experienced in the realities of traveling on business.

It will therefore hardly be an unreasonable  expectation that one will not get chaperoned directly from door-to-door in any sort of city centre setting. I suspect that not all of those 250 venues she oversees are conveniently perfectly placed alongside a main road where they can just park up, hop out and get inside

Like I said earlier, seems to me like a bit of a lame excuse for some Sheffield City Centre bashing.

P.s. as a bit of future reference if you would have come around the the main ring road up and over Rockingham St and onto Calver St you will have been able to temporary stop on Division Street in any event. Maybe your route planner needs a bit of an upgrade.

Edited by ECCOnoob

32 minutes ago, Fredderick said:

Sheffield city centre has its issues for sure but my god, people that moan about it need to get out and travel more. There’s a lot of good stuff too. Try going to lots of other UK cities - you can’t park for free, retail is struggling, there’s lots of student accommodation… I always think better of Sheffield when I come back from somewhere else! 

Very good points.

In the past I lived in both Manchester and Leeds, and prefer Sheffield over each of those cities.

Yes Manchester and Leeds do have some advantages over Sheffield, but there are plenty of problems that blight both those cities which are less of an issue in Sheffield.

Edited by Mister M

The people defending our awful city centre need to have a trip to Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham or Liverpool, yes all city centres have problems but these are absolutely light years ahead.

On 19/10/2021 at 22:09, top4718 said:

The people defending our awful city centre need to have a trip to Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham or Liverpool, yes all city centres have problems but these are absolutely light years ahead.

It’s all about how one person sees the same thing completely differently to another. What I do object to is some far left public sector employee telling  someone who has worked in a fully functioning city centre that they don’t know what they are talking about.

On 19/10/2021 at 14:27, butlers said:

Err did not Birmingham ,twice Sheffields size, lose its John Lewis?

To be fair the Birmingham one only opened in 2015 at a retail site called Grand Central that hasn't had the expected footfall that the developers wanted, the Sheffield one was a long standing institution.

On 19/10/2021 at 19:33, ECCOnoob said:

What if that's the case, presumably like myself she will be well experienced in the realities of traveling on business.

It will therefore hardly be an unreasonable  expectation that one will not get chaperoned directly from door-to-door in any sort of city centre setting. I suspect that not all of those 250 venues she oversees are conveniently perfectly placed alongside a main road where they can just park up, hop out and get inside

Like I said earlier, seems to me like a bit of a lame excuse for some Sheffield City Centre bashing.

P.s. as a bit of future reference if you would have come around the the main ring road up and over Rockingham St and onto Calver St you will have been able to temporary stop on Division Street in any event. Maybe your route planner needs a bit of an upgrade.

It may certainly be the case that the realities are experienced  in different ways especially as it depends where you are on the corporate ladder? for all i know you may be a sales minion that is expected to walk?? as you travel for business i would expect you to be able to spell? "travelling".

54 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

It may certainly be the case that the realities are experienced  in different ways especially as it depends where you are on the corporate ladder? for all i know you may be a sales minion that is expected to walk?? as you travel for business i would expect you to be able to spell? "travelling".

Neither spelling is incorrect, unlike your punctuation.