Blades V Millwall - Matchthread

Seeing as though I've got 5 minutes spare, I thought I'd pop this one on here. Especially since it is now apparently a new forum rule according to those the other side of the river 

I don't nesh my opinion and I won't bottle it here! This should be 3 points in the bag, it is as simple as that. As a promotion contending hopeful, this is a fixture that we need to look at as one that we should be winning.

I think those late cameos have forced a rotation of certain players. I see no harm in the introduction of McGoldrick / Moussett, likewise I think Billy can sit this one out from the start. I might even remove Norwood and drop Osborne into a central midfield role, with Moose playing out wider in a three pronged attack.

Our opponents have been grinding out results, which ultimately led to a decent run before stumbling against Luton at the weekend. They average a goal a game or whatever, but aren't big scorers. We should have more than enough in the tanks to beat them, especially with goals coming from all over the pitch more recently.

Millwall will want to make it tough, but we won't let them. 3-0 blades win!

Fingers crossed and touching wood that Millwall don't bring along some of those well behaved supporters !!!!

5 hours ago, Runningman said:

Fingers crossed and touching wood that Millwall don't bring along some of those well behaved supporters !!!!

They had sold 450 tickets as off yesterday, so fingers crossed won't be that many knuckle draggers in town!

It's been a slow start, off tempo and a bit boring to say the least.

That goal? I don't know what to say other than watch it on the highlights. I can't make my mind up whether it was just freak and one of those crazy, stupid goals... or whether Olden should be ashamed and doing much, much better 

A cross from the right, hit with pace... ends up on target and flights over a completely unchallenged olsens head. All happened very quickly, but a player of his height and supposed ability shouldn't be beaten from there.

Far from the best performance of the season in that first half to be honest. 

Something wasn't clicking and all of our usual shape, style and attacking mentality were nowhere to be seen. It just wasn't working and I'm not sure why? It seems the changes have completely ruined us.

Hourihane had to leave the pitch, he was doing absolutely nothing. To be fair, I take my hat off to Slav for noticing this in the first half and acting on it, rather than waiting on it.

We've made some chances and probably should have equalised from open play. McGoldrick fluffed his lines when through one on one. A sluggish sidewards pass from Osborne prevented a clear, unchallenged shot on goal from Stevens.

The penalty, nobody will argue. Its a stone wall drag down from behind as Fleck ran into the box 

We need more. For me, Moose needs to come on and who knows, if Sharp stays fit, maybe Mcgoldrick leaves the pitch.

More needed now, all square but the performance isn't upto our recent standards. I wouldn't write this gutsy Millwall side off, they have the ability to suckerpunch us. We need more!!

Mr Donohue, hang your head in shame. Ordinarily I'm not a big fan of referee bashing unless of course they deserve it and good god, this guy couldn't officiate an u11s Sunday league game.

Where do you begin..... is he taking a backhander or what?

We come put for the second half and we see a restored Sheffield United performance. Straight from the blocks, we go at Millwall and we cause problems. McGoldrick somehow puts a ball over the bar from 2 yards out? How I am not sure, it perhaps belongs in a blooper reel. He should have scored! Fact! Embarrassing!....but it was one of a handful of chances, only one team was going to go on and win the game.

Then we have the big red card decision, me personally I think there was contact and it was a poor decision. I'm not sure what the TV said about it? But for me he clipped him....the lad hasn't taken a dive and he doesn't deserve a second yellow. 

That was a massive turning point in the game for me though! I mean yes it puts us under a lot of pressure, but it was the overall performance of the referee. He was the problem!

I'm a strong believer in swings and roundabouts and generally a poor referee will make poor decisions that impact both teams, but that wasn't the case tonight, it was utter bias... a genuine 12th man for Millwall.

Absolute shambolic performance! Completely one sided, completely pathetic decisions! He needs relegating down the leagues after that.

Millwall played a crafty game. They left feet in, they went through the back of players, they wrangled players off the ball by hand, physicality and shoves...they cleverly roughed us up a bit, but cards should have been shown and fouls should have been given! Neither happened!

When was it okay to leave a foot in? To follow through the back on players with intent?

Since when was it okay for players to shove the opponents off the ball with 2 hands?

Since when was it okay to tackle the opposition off the ball, with a deliberate elbow into the side of the head?

He sent a player off and then deliberately tried to stifle our momentum. That performance needs punishment.

I mean listen......

Let's not deflect from a substandard first half performance, it was far from great. But second half we had them chasing their tails! It wasn't if, but when we would go in front.

Terrible, terrible refereeing!

Edited by cmonkes

For those who can’t be bothered to read all the above tedium ….Millwall won 2-1 …

8 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

For those who can’t be bothered to read all the above tedium ….Millwall won 2-1 …

And for those who aren't ignorant and obnoxious, this poster hasn't even commented on his own teams performance. Instead has solely come on line to try and make himself feel better about his teams failures at lowly Cambridge, by posting on united subjects.

Sad really

10 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

And for those who aren't ignorant and obnoxious, this poster hasn't even commented on his own teams performance. Instead has solely come on line to try and make himself feel better about his teams failures at lowly Cambridge, by posting on united subjects.

Sad really

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

We all know that Mr Monkes.

Thanks for the reports - some of us appreciate them even if we don't always acknowledge your efforts! :thumbsup:

On 18/10/2021 at 19:41, cmonkes said:

Seeing as though I've got 5 minutes spare, I thought I'd pop this one on here. Especially since it is now apparently a new forum rule according to those the other side of the river 

I don't nesh my opinion and I won't bottle it here! This should be 3 points in the bag, it is as simple as that. As a promotion contending hopeful, this is a fixture that we need to look at as one that we should be winning.

I think those late cameos have forced a rotation of certain players. I see no harm in the introduction of McGoldrick / Moussett, likewise I think Billy can sit this one out from the start. I might even remove Norwood and drop Osborne into a central midfield role, with Moose playing out wider in a three pronged attack.

Our opponents have been grinding out results, which ultimately led to a decent run before stumbling against Luton at the weekend. They average a goal a game or whatever, but aren't big scorers. We should have more than enough in the tanks to beat them, especially with goals coming from all over the pitch more recently.

Millwall will want to make it tough, but we won't let them. 3-0 blades win!

Thanks for that Mr M.

How did the game pan out?

Think Millwall won but Blades are too busy on our threads.