The Case Of Charles Peace

I see Talking Picture TV are showing this tomorrow morning 18th October at 07-20

Businessman Charles Peace leads a double life--by day he's a respected local businessman, but by night he's a professional thief who lets nothing, not even murder, stop him from getting what he wants.

15 hours ago, Hopman said:

I see Talking Picture TV are showing this tomorrow morning 18th October at 07-20

Businessman Charles Peace leads a double life--by day he's a respected local businessman, but by night he's a professional thief who lets nothing, not even murder, stop him from getting what he wants.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Sounds interesting.

Edited by Rockers rule
-

Its on tv quite regularly, being a black and white film i imagine, its seen as a classic. I have it on DVD

7 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Have you seen the comics?

BLIMEY! The Blog of British Comics: Christmas comics: BUSTER (1967)

Nice one Alchresearch - thanks :thumbsup:

Didn't he live on Psalter lane ?

Opposite the university Arts building somewhere?

Handsome Devil!

Keep safe.

During the court case and his ultimate execution, Mrs Dyson whom Charlie lusted after, had  moved to Harrington Road , all the houses have gone but just a short piece of the road runs at the rear of what was The Earl of Arundel and Surrey on Queens Road.

22 hours ago, Hopman said:

Must be one the most evil people sheffield has ever known. 

59 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Must be one the most evil people sheffield has ever known. 

Hmmm... :huh:

I don't know if anyone else remembers reading these Charlie Peace stories in the weekly Buster comic?

Even as a little lad, I remember thinking it was quite an odd character to have in a comic...

... and not one that I particularly enjoyed reading about either!

The strange thing is, I can't remember (without Googling) any of the other characters in the comic...

... yet they were far more interesting at the time, and turned out to be responsible for helping develop a little lad's sense of humour that has fortunately (though many would probably disagree) never left me! :D

Edited by Mr Bloke