The Pink Tax?

12 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

My first reaction was - what the hell's DADDY on about now????

Until I realised I'm paying a full £1 extra per item for Pink Gaffer Tape, Pink Tie Wraps & Pink Bondage Rope than if I bought the more common Black option :blush::blush::nono:8)

(am I allowed to say option?)

Keep safe out there 🧐

😂

4 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I'm sure men's and women's razors  are actually different; whether or not this justifies the price difference I'm not sure though.

I bought a car a few months ago, certain coloured cars were cheaper, but I bought a nice red one which cost slightly more.

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I bought a car a few months ago, certain coloured cars were cheaper, but I bought a nice red one which cost slightly more.

I'm not sure that's the same thing unless a certain colour car is aimed at one section of society and that colour is more expensive than the rest. 

11 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm not sure that's the same thing unless a certain colour car is aimed at one section of society and that colour is more expensive than the rest. 

Many moons ago I bought an Ex Army LHD Mk111 Zephyr.

Army green, over sprayed in met green with go faster stripes.

Painted her Pink (Very Pink) my reasoning, it was the nearest thing I was going to get to buying a Cadillac at the time.

Loved that car. Sadly the rust bug got her eventually  :sad:

Keep safe out there.

Think Pink!

It is just another way of making more money, have you noticed when buying "white goods" for example a black fridge freezer is usually about £20 dearer than a white one. 

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

Henry Ford made his fortune because he allowed his customers to choose any colour they like for a new car as long as it's black.

And for the privilege of buying one of his motors you were given little or no option but to take out a subscription of (his) the Dearborn Independent newspaper making it the 2nd highest selling paper at the time.

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

Henry Ford made his fortune because he allowed his customers to choose any colour they like for a new car as long as it's black.

Selling war materiel to the Nazis helped boost his bank balance too. 

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Selling war materiel to the Nazis helped boost his bank balance too. 

Got a Nice medal out of it :suspect:

Vickers didn't do too bad out of supplying guns to Italy.

16 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Got a Nice medal out of it :suspect:

Vickers didn't do too bad out of supplying guns to Italy.

Very true matey 👍

The DADDY, your daughter made the right choice. Gripfill and Pink Grip are different products, though weirdly they smell exactly the same. Gripfill is crap because it “skins over “almost instantly and won’t grab to whatever you’re trying to stick to. You have to wiggle it around to break the skin which isn’t always possible. Pink Grip isn’t nearly as bad for this and I regard it as a basic, cheap entry level kind of construction adhesive. If you want to go full weapons grade try CT1. It’s ten to fifteen quid a pop but it is the mutts nuts, doesn’t come in pink though 😂

3 hours ago, Jim117 said:

The DADDY, your daughter made the right choice. Gripfill and Pink Grip are different products, though weirdly they smell exactly the same. Gripfill is crap because it “skins over “almost instantly and won’t grab to whatever you’re trying to stick to. You have to wiggle it around to break the skin which isn’t always possible. Pink Grip isn’t nearly as bad for this and I regard it as a basic, cheap entry level kind of construction adhesive. If you want to go full weapons grade try CT1. It’s ten to fifteen quid a pop but it is the mutts nuts, doesn’t come in pink though 😂

We'll that cleared that up didn't it 😂