Jump to content

Conservative Mp Stabbed

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I'm not saying they are the same though. I'm saying that during the pandemic I've wondered, and worried, about the extent to which it cheapens life in general if the people in charge are so reckless about lives lost. Matt Hancock, the minister for Health and Social Care, directed hospitals to discharge care home residents back hom withut Covid tests - residents who had contracted Covid then passed it on to other clinically extremely vulnerable residents and in some cases whole populations of care homes were wiped out. That gives a message that lives don't really matter. There wasn't much outcry over that, so it seems a lot of people didnt care. Look at a graph of Covid rates and deaths in the UK now compared to the rest of Europe. It seems people in the rest of Europe still care about life and death - the data suggests that people in the UK don't care nearly so much.

What’s that got to do with the murder of the mp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

What’s that got to do with the murder of the mp?

That I think perhaps people care less about it than they would previously have done, because we've been taught that lives are worth less than we previously thought they were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Delbow said:

That I think perhaps people care less about it than they would previously have done, because we've been taught that lives are worth less than we previously thought they were. 

I don’t know anyone who thinks lives are worth less? Do you know people who do?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, makapaka said:

I don’t know anyone who thinks lives are worth less? Do you know people who do?

 

 

Not personally, but then the people I know still wear masks in public indoor spaces and take other precautions to prevent the spread of the virus, in other words very much the minority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Not personally, but then the people I know still wear masks in public indoor spaces and take other precautions to prevent the spread of the virus, in other words very much the minority.

If you judge everybody’s valuation of life solely on whether they wear a face mask or not you’re gonna have a pretty skewed view on reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, makapaka said:

If you judge everybody’s valuation of life solely on whether they wear a face mask or not you’re gonna have a pretty skewed view on reality. 

Clearly that's not what I'm saying, how could you have thought it was? Wearing a mask isn't for the wearer's benefit, it's to reduce your chances of infecting someone else, so it's about giving a toss about other people. The ruling politicians and media in this country have encouraged us to see ill and disabled people on benefits as grasping scroungers, people fleeing persecution as sly chancers. Maybe they should model better behaviour if they want the rest of us to behave better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

They arrested, Charged, Sentenced & imprisoned the Perpetrator :confused:

But did they change anything that helped to allow the murder to take place. If his previous 'personallity' had been taken into account, he would have been kicked out of the force years ago.

Better to take action before the event of the crime.

Edited by El Cid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Clearly that's not what I'm saying, how could you have thought it was? Wearing a mask isn't for the wearer's benefit, it's to reduce your chances of infecting someone else, so it's about giving a toss about other people. The ruling politicians and media in this country have encouraged us to see ill and disabled people on benefits as grasping scroungers, people fleeing persecution as sly chancers. Maybe they should model better behaviour if they want the rest of us to behave better.

Is this really an appropriate thread to be spouting your mask nonsense on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Clearly that's not what I'm saying, how could you have thought it was? Wearing a mask isn't for the wearer's benefit, it's to reduce your chances of infecting someone else, so it's about giving a toss about other people. The ruling politicians and media in this country have encouraged us to see ill and disabled people on benefits as grasping scroungers, people fleeing persecution as sly chancers. Maybe they should model better behaviour if they want the rest of us to behave better.

You did say that - just in an indirect way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we have the right to see our elected representatives taken away because of this crime then we lose a fundamental part of democracy. The murder of this poor man was not only an attack on him and his family but one aimed at us all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, makapaka said:

You did say that - just in an indirect way. 

That it was my sole measure of a person's validation of life? No. It was just the one example I gave - that's not the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

If we have the right to see our elected representatives taken away because of this crime then we lose a fundamental part of democracy. The murder of this poor man was not only an attack on him and his family but one aimed at us all.

Well said.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.