Conservative Mp Stabbed

Guest makapaka
Just now, Delbow said:

That I think perhaps people care less about it than they would previously have done, because we've been taught that lives are worth less than we previously thought they were. 

I don’t know anyone who thinks lives are worth less? Do you know people who do?

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

I don’t know anyone who thinks lives are worth less? Do you know people who do?

Not personally, but then the people I know still wear masks in public indoor spaces and take other precautions to prevent the spread of the virus, in other words very much the minority.

Guest makapaka
17 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Not personally, but then the people I know still wear masks in public indoor spaces and take other precautions to prevent the spread of the virus, in other words very much the minority.

If you judge everybody’s valuation of life solely on whether they wear a face mask or not you’re gonna have a pretty skewed view on reality. 

34 minutes ago, makapaka said:

If you judge everybody’s valuation of life solely on whether they wear a face mask or not you’re gonna have a pretty skewed view on reality. 

Clearly that's not what I'm saying, how could you have thought it was? Wearing a mask isn't for the wearer's benefit, it's to reduce your chances of infecting someone else, so it's about giving a toss about other people. The ruling politicians and media in this country have encouraged us to see ill and disabled people on benefits as grasping scroungers, people fleeing persecution as sly chancers. Maybe they should model better behaviour if they want the rest of us to behave better.

4 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

They arrested, Charged, Sentenced & imprisoned the Perpetrator :confused:

But did they change anything that helped to allow the murder to take place. If his previous 'personallity' had been taken into account, he would have been kicked out of the force years ago.

Better to take action before the event of the crime.

Edited by El Cid

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Clearly that's not what I'm saying, how could you have thought it was? Wearing a mask isn't for the wearer's benefit, it's to reduce your chances of infecting someone else, so it's about giving a toss about other people. The ruling politicians and media in this country have encouraged us to see ill and disabled people on benefits as grasping scroungers, people fleeing persecution as sly chancers. Maybe they should model better behaviour if they want the rest of us to behave better.

Is this really an appropriate thread to be spouting your mask nonsense on? 

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Delbow said:

You did say that - just in an indirect way. 

If we have the right to see our elected representatives taken away because of this crime then we lose a fundamental part of democracy. The murder of this poor man was not only an attack on him and his family but one aimed at us all.

32 minutes ago, makapaka said:

You did say that - just in an indirect way. 

That it was my sole measure of a person's validation of life? No. It was just the one example I gave - that's not the same thing.

5 hours ago, El Cid said:

But did they change anything that helped to allow the murder to take place. If his previous 'personallity' had been taken into account, he would have been kicked out of the force years ago.

Better to take action before the event of the crime.

Time machine, Adolf Hitler, Loaded Gun

18 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Well done to the Queen for granting Southend city status. Well done to the politicians from all parties in the tributes and respect paid to their colleague. 

Ditto

It seems the suspect's father is well-known for working working against extremists, including the Islamist group Al-Shabab. Which shows how wrong-headed it is to cast all Somalis as somehow suspect or to blame for this incident.