Conservative Mp Stabbed

9 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Almost forgot he featured in this slice of comedy too

I referenced that earlier, nobody clocked on.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

They didn’t bother to do what?

After the murder of Jo Cox in 2016, the spending on MPs' security rose from £170,576 in 2015/16, to £4.5m two years later.

From  the BBC website.

Surely the Government should be looking into how people with mental health problems are looked after?

Only last month a man in Plymouth  with mental health issues killed 5 people. The bow and arrow killer from Norway killed 5 people, also had mental health issues.

I recall Mr Amess was a real champion of his local area Basildon in Essex. 

The manner of his death must be heartbreaking for his family.

RIP

Word on the street is that the killer was Somalian.

Everyone off to Twitter with yer pitchforks!

I've only just heard about this and don't yet know the details, but what a terrible, terrible thing to happen.

From what little I've heard, he sounds like one of the good guys, a kind, dedicated MP who would help anyone no matter what party they supported or what creed  they belonged to. I'd hoped Joe Cox was a one off occurence, an aberation, but it seems not.  

I can't help feeling the general mood of a lot of the population is verging on hive mental illness /paranoia all the way up to psychosis. I hope something can be done about that. And I hope this doesn't lead to MPs no longer wanting to hold face to face surgeries. It isn't what he would have wanted apparently. 

I feel terribly sad for his poor unlucky bereaved family.

Edited by Anna B

Shocked,  and I wonder if this was an act of impulse,  yet carrying a knife around it wouldn't seem so,  condolences to his family.

R.I.P.

33 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Word on the street is that the killer was Somalian.

Everyone off to Twitter with yer pitchforks!

My corner of twitter has been quite reflective. Other sections are the bin fire you'd expect.

Our country has gone to pot,crime is sky high police seem powerless and criminals get away with crime,this man was doing a job.

5 hours ago, dacrlit said:

I am sorry to hear this, because nobody should be at the risk of being killed when they are working.

Being an MP is, or used to be a very safe job, construction work on the other hand is very dangerous.

No big outcry when a construction worker dies.

34 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Being an MP is, or used to be a very safe job, construction work on the other hand is very dangerous.

No big outcry when a construction worker dies.

Silly post . What about when builder is stabbed to death ?

18 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Silly post . What about when builder is stabbed to death ?

Just did some searching and found about construction worker being stabbed to death by colleague few months ago. That did not make national news.

El Cid comment is correct and accurate because being MP stabbed the flags go down but not if you get stabbed.

Edited by dutch