Conservative Mp Stabbed

My mind isn't automatically going straight to terrorism as it would have done previously; now I'm wondering if it's someone angry at the withdrawing of the  £20 UC payment or  something like that, or maybe an anti-vaxxer.

Edited by HumbleNarrator

Watching Sky, there doesn't seem to be any rush to get him to hospital. That doesn't bode well.

Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

My mind isn't automatically going straight to terrorism as would have done previously; now I'm wondering if it's someone angry at the withdrawing of the  £20 UC payment or  something like that, or maybe an anti-vaxxer.

A terrorist generally wouldn't pick out a single conservative MP, my mind thinks it was an angry person too.

Who ever did it clearly has a screw loose. I don't care what reason they give, they have no place in a civil society. 

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Watching Sky, there doesn't seem to be any rush to get him to hospital. That doesn't bode well.

Or, it could mean a) he isnt as bad as first thought, or b) they are having to stablise him first before attempting to move him

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Who ever did it clearly has a screw loose. I don't care what reason they give, they have no place in a civil society. 

There have been a number of stabbings and other attacks over the last decade by people who couldn't get a mental health service because they're underfunded. It's not that they don't belong in a civilised society, it's that a civilised society would ensure they could get the help they need.

8 minutes ago, Delbow said:

There have been a number of stabbings and other attacks over the last decade by people who couldn't get a mental health service because they're underfunded. It's not that they don't belong in a civilised society, it's that a civilised society would ensure they could get the help they need.

The problem with mental health is it's all very subjective isn't? to what degree is someone "ill" and what does successful treatment look like?

Edited by HumbleNarrator

This could be the start of armed police guards for all MP’s, par for the course in many countries. 

1 minute ago, HumbleNarrator said:

The problem with mental health is it's all very subjective isn't? to what degree is someone "ill" and what does successful treatment look like?

That's what we pay forensic psychiatrists about £120k p.a. to decide after making them have at least 6 years training.

Just now, crookesey said:

This could be the start of armed police guards for all MP’s, par for the course in many countries. 

Aye, it wouldnt at all surprise me if they react after the potential death of a southern male Government MP, and didnt bother after the death of the northern female opposition one.

15 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I don't buy that. 

I've suffered mental illness, I still do at times. My life is sometimes not pleasant, I sometimes struggle to care for my kids and myself. Sometimes I go to sleep and feel disappointed when I wake up the next morning. (this is the tip of the iceberg, to put more info about my life would just give a giggle to the more immature members of SF so I'll leave it to others imagination) 

I've never once felt stabby though so no, I don't buy that at all.