Steve Bruce -Zombie Manager

Let's hope that they show him the loyalty he showed other clubs.

Ironic listening to Steve Bruce commenting  that he was shown no respect at Newcastle from the minute he took the job and supporters wanted him to fail.... and yet he was happy to walk out of Hillsborough ,two weeks before the season started and showed the club and the owner no respect what-so-ever....and from a fan base that were desperate for him to succeed ...short memories some folk..

16 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Ironic listening to Steve Bruce commenting  that he was shown no respect at Newcastle from the minute he took the job and supporters wanted him to fail.... and yet he was happy to walk out of Hillsborough ,two weeks before the season started and showed the club and the owner no respect what-so-ever....and from a fan base that were desperate for him to succeed ...short memories some folk..

If true he certainly gave the fans what they wanted.

£8m for being rubbish at your job and getting sacked.

I'm sure he'll cope with it.

21 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

You make a valid point

I wonder how he would have fared had he had an owner who believed in and was prepared to invest in Newcastle and not just interested in avoiding relegation so he could sell the club as a premier league one. Now things have gone the other way but doubt there will be immediate success (in terms of pressing for Europe)

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

If true he certainly gave the fans what they wanted.

£8m for being rubbish at your job and getting sacked.

I'm sure he'll cope with it.

He's clearly no mug, given the fact he's played and managed for so long and accumulated himself a fortune along the way.......he literally can't lose though...paid handsomely for playing and managing and getting the sack...

Bet he's not worrying about gas and electric prices going through the roof...🤣

1 hour ago, BigAl1 said:

You make a valid point

I wonder how he would have fared had he had an owner who believed in and was prepared to invest in Newcastle and not just interested in avoiding relegation so he could sell the club as a premier league one. Now things have gone the other way but doubt there will be immediate success (in terms of pressing for Europe)

I think Bruce knew what he was getting into at Newcastle & who with.....but i don't think he'd ever be a manager to take them or anyone else into Europe ....

6 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

I think Bruce knew what he was getting into at Newcastle & who with.....but i don't think he'd ever be a manager to take them or anyone else into Europe ....

you can only work with the resources you have and the support of the owner. Lets not forget he led Hull to the FA cup final  and if memory serves me right lead clubs to promotion to the premier league 3 times. No I am not saying he is the best manager out there but that he is no basket case

29 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

you can only work with the resources you have and the support of the owner. Lets not forget he led Hull to the FA cup final  and if memory serves me right lead clubs to promotion to the premier league 3 times. No I am not saying he is the best manager out there but that he is no basket case

I agree....just don't think he's the type of manager to get a club into the top 6 in the Premier League...and for all his faults i'd have back at Hillsborough tomorrow...