Steve Bruce -Zombie Manager

I am not a great fan of Brucie, he wasn't the right fit at Bramall Lane, but I feel very sorry for him at the moment. He will be trying to motivate the crew whilst keeping his eye on the gangplank they have kindly run out from the side of the ship......

A few years ago his net worth was said to be £48m, I find it difficult to feel sorry for him.

Stealing a living. By most accounts not the nicest person either, certainly his reputation with fans of the clubs he has been manager of rarely seem to have a positive view of him.

Human Rights abuses are the worst thing linked to this new Newcastle ownership, but a close second has to be the fact they have given Bruce a way to wriggle out of St James Park on a high horse, i.e. blaming his sacking/resignation on the new ownership, and not on the fact that he's been terrible for Newcastle United, and is largely disliked by the Geordies.

22 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Stealing a living. By most accounts not the nicest person either, certainly his reputation with fans of the clubs he has been manager of rarely seem to have a positive view of him.

Human Rights abuses are the worst thing linked to this new Newcastle ownership, but a close second has to be the fact they have given Bruce a way to wriggle out of St James Park on a high horse, i.e. blaming his sacking/resignation on the new ownership, and not on the fact that he's been terrible for Newcastle United, and is largely disliked by the Geordies.

I met him at Derby while attending the Cup for youth teams, we were sat in the section reserved for Parents and family his Son was playing for the other side.

When I cheered for a goal by Barnsley he moaned to the police saying we shouldn't be sat there and Barnsley parents and family should be sat elsewhere.

I can't print on here my reply to the Mardy little fart and the police agreed with me.

He was the one who eventually moved after being made to look like a Child having a tantrum.

End result Barnsley won 11-10 on penalties after drawing 1-1.

My memories of Steve Bruce as SUFC manager are that he gave a press interview when he started - the usual guff you'd expect but it included that he'd been promised funds for new players.  When he left, he gave a statement saying that the promises he'd been given were not honoured.  It's a long time since, but I remember I was quite happy with the games I watched, thought we were improving, and I was sad he left.

Bear in mind that by sitting tight he is in line for a payout of some £7m when he does get fired then his situation is not quite so bad.

Have you considered that the new lot may actually be trying to let him manage his 1000th game that all parties may be happy until they have a new manager - after all look at all the c**p he has had to take at the hands of Mike Ashley

I don't feel sorry for him, he'll get a nice payout when they pull the trigger so it's not like he'll struggle money wise. I also don't think he's done a bad job at Newcastle, 12th and 13th finishes aren't bad for the money they spent under him. 

22 hours ago, Alextopman said:

A few years ago his net worth was said to be £48m, I find it difficult to feel sorry for him.

This exactly.

He's done extremely well for someone so decidedly average.  His trophy cabinet is as empty as my kitchen cupboards, he's never won a bloody thing!

i thought he did fine at hillsbrough,pity he was stolen by possibly the only club that could take him off us,but i hope he gets a chance with all the big cash coming soon

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

i thought he did fine at hillsbrough,pity he was stolen by possibly the only club that could take him off us,but i hope he gets a chance with all the big cash coming soon

He would have left for a whole wide range of PL clubs Bassett... He also won't get a chance. Football is an unforgiving business and the new owners will want to put a manager in that can attract bigger players than Bruce can. The new owners will already be on the phone to Zidane, offering 15-20 million, which would make him one of the best paid managers in the PL. 

well i think he ,given a chance ,would of done well and he kept us up,and we wouldnt of gone down with him,but newcastle were a better offer.

8 hours ago, bassett one said:

well i think he ,given a chance ,would of done well and he kept us up,and we wouldnt of gone down with him,but newcastle were a better offer.

You can never tell, had Alex Ferguson joined SWFC instead of Man Utd we could now be looking at a completely different Sheffield Wednesday. Conversely we could be looking back trying to remember the name of the Scottish guy who joined the Owls in 1986 and failed miserably, it’s a funny old game.