Sign in to follow this  

Other Music Artists Are Available.

Should BBC News be promoting a non-BBC private artists personal venture, I.e. Adelle's latest single release, like they have been doing all day and are continuing to do?

Edited by HumbleNarrator

Ignoring it would also be odd, tbh.  Should they have also ignored ABBA's comeback news?

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ignoring it would also be odd, tbh.  Should they have also ignored ABBA's comeback news?

It could be argued that the ABBA thing was a historically/culturally significant thing given their place in history, but if it was up to me I'd have relegated that, and Adelle, to the entertainment segment rather than main news.

I suppose thats your problem here then, what level of coverage is acceptable, and it applies to anything, not only music news. You can easily argue the BBC clearing the schedules of all three of their main TV channels for at least 24 hours, as well as most radio stations, when Prince Phillip died, was ridiculously over the top.

To me Sport isn't news, it should have its own program which I can ignore.

ABBA coverage maybe, Adele no.