New Mobile Calls To Landlines Dropping

20 minutes ago, kay1 said:

just   hope EE can help, he spent ages looking things up tried sim card in his phone no problems it was ringing out ok tried it in a new phone (same model as I have got)ringing three times then call dropped again, could it just be this type of phone?

Most likely that model, Kay, but I have no knowledge about Android phones, or Motorola ones, so you need someone with direct knowledge - which EE staff should have.

Keep us informed, and if you get an understandable answer, let us know what it is - it might help someone else.

If you bought this phone in Tesco, is it possible the phone is locked to the O2 network (which Tesco use)? Did you buy the phone with a Tesco mobile SIM?

The phone I bought was sim free used ee  SIM card, went back to ee again  they were at a loss why it wouldn't connect to landlines, took phone back to Tesco and got my money back so no one was able to solve the problem

Sorry to hear no-one could solve your problem - but at least you got your money back.

Sometimes these things happen - usually to me

19 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Sorry to hear no-one could solve your problem - but at least you got your money back.

But still need a new phone,only thing I can do is try my sim card before I hand any money over!

21 hours ago, kay1 said:

But still need a new phone,only thing I can do is try my sim card before I hand any money over!

They won't let you do that. Possibly on a used one, can't see it being an option on new ones.

It might just have been a 'bad' phone. You could get exactly the same and it's OK (not read back, sorry if it's been mentioned)

Give us a budget and We'll see if we can find you a decent phone. I've not had issues with Samsung or Apple. Samsung do some lower budget phones, Apple require fairly deep pockets!

Can you not just try the sim in a friends phone?