New Mobile Calls To Landlines Dropping

I have just  bought new mobile phone, when calling landlines it just rings 2/3 times and then the call drops, up to now no problems calling mobile numbers, sending and receiving text messages, can anyone help? many thanks

speak to the manufacture/mobile provider

Before you do as @BigAl1 suggests above - good idea though - if you still have your old mobile, switch the SIM card back and see if it is OK in that phone. If it is, you need to contact the phone manufacturer (or where  you bought it from) for advice.

If both phones exhibit the same behaviour, contact  you mobile provider.

Which phone it?

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Before you do as @BigAl1 suggests above - good idea though - if you still have your old mobile, switch the SIM card back and see if it is OK in that phone. If it is, you need to contact the phone manufacturer (or where  you bought it from) for advice.

If both phones exhibit the same behaviour, contact  you mobile provider.

Which phone it?

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Motorola (motoE7)

Is it possible you somehow have a cap set on your account, and landlines arent included in your free minutes so it cuts them off before you get charged?  What network and package is it?

Would be interesting to know if the problem exists on the old phone if @kay1still has it.

Just looked at the manual for the phone - no reference to this issue at all, unfortunately.

I find it very hard to believe  that this is a generic fault in the model of phone I would have thought that the issue is most likely with the airlime /sim supplier or a one off fault with the phone

I suspect a one-off phone fault, too - but until Kay comes back with some answers we can't really usefully speculate

I am not at all sure how we could have helped at all apart the  obvious

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I suspect a one-off phone fault, too - but until Kay comes back with some answers we can't really usefully speculate

Just come back from Tesco  where I bought it from, spent hour and half still not working, told me to go to EE it could be something to do with settings ?? I havn't got a clue what he was on about not being very Tecky!! tried it in another phone still not working he said he was baffled luckily still got old phone so able to use that, will let you know what EE say when I go to them (if I can understand them) thanks for your help everbody

4 minutes ago, kay1 said:

Just come back from Tesco  where I bought it from, spent hour and half still not working, told me to go to EE it could be something to do with settings ?? I havn't got a clue what he was on about not being very Tecky!! tried it in another phone still not working he said he was baffled luckily still got old phone so able to use that, will let you know what EE say when I go to them (if I can understand them) thanks for your help everbody

So it is most likely a setting on the phone, but the manual (which I have had quite a good look through) doesn't help - or at least I couldn't find anything.😞

17 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

So it is most likely a setting on the phone, but the manual (which I have had quite a good look through) doesn't help - or at least I couldn't find anything.😞

just   hope EE can help, he spent ages looking things up tried sim card in his phone no problems it was ringing out ok tried it in a new phone (same model as I have got)ringing three times then call dropped again, could it just be this type of phone?