East Mid Airport Drop Off

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The Moto motorway services are at the end of the road, not exactly a hardship to wait there tbh.

And the red route only came in during 2019 and you last said you went six years ago.

It might be six years ago but the laybys are still there on one of the dual carrageways off a bit nearer to the airport, that makes more sense, but its down to personal choice,  each to their own and all that. To be honest which ever the choice is there not much in it, time wise or mileage wise. 

I dropped passenger off successfully at 8.10am in the £5 drop off point near the terminal, time to pop to toilet as well. I noted the laybys, service stations on the route in as pointed out earlier.

When I stopped at the ticket machine, it wouldn't respond properly with my Visa card and the small green screen had very small text which made it hard to see from the car. I pressed the HELP button and the voice from the speaker guided me through the process but machine would not respond properly, so he just said "have a good day", which I took to mean get on your way, the machine is faulty. I did notice the driver before me fiddled with it for a while.

The penalty is now £100 for unauthorized stopping. Thank you all for the advice.