East Mid Airport Drop Off

I'm dropping off a friend tomorrow for Ryan Air, is it possible to do a quick drop off without  incurring parking tickets etc?

Its all on their website

https://www.eastmidlandsairport.com/parking/pick-up-and-drop-off/

Either pay a fiver and drop him off right outside the door, or pay nothing and drop him off 15 mins walk away.

DONT be tempted to visit the petrol station and let him sneak out the car there, you may find yourself presented with a pricey invoice for parking which will take you time and effort to get out of paying.

Edited by HeHasRisen

There is a choice of two or thee barriers side by side  to go through, quick drop off is the one I used which is just several yards away from arrivals,  you just put a pound in a box and the exit lifts automaticly to let you out,  I  must admit,  it is about six years ago I last went so not sure if same procedure is as mentioned.

Thanks for the tips, it took me 18 months to get rid of the last parking fine, don't need another one!

Here is a tip,  if you are picking your freind up,  out of the airport  on the main road are several places to park up,  get there 15 mins or so before your freind lands and ask her/him to ring when they get out of arrivals, then just whip in and pick up.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

There is a choice of two or thee barriers side by side  to go through, quick drop off is the one I used which is just several yards away from arrivals,  you just put a pound in a box and the exit lifts automaticly to let you out,  I  must admit,  it is about six years ago I last went so not sure if same procedure is as mentioned.

Its not a quid anymore. See the link I provided.

35 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Here is a tip,  if you are picking your freind up,  out of the airport  on the main road are several places to park up,  get there 15 mins or so before your freind lands and ask her/him to ring when they get out of arrivals, then just whip in and pick up.

This is also poor advice now, the area is surrounded by Red Routes, double red lines like they have all over London. No stopping, at all. If you are caught its a fine you wont get out of easily like at the petrol station.

Be better off parking up at the nearby service station just off the M1 and doing that.

Edited by HeHasRisen

37 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Looks ideal but I presume there are cameras everywhere trying to spot cars stopping in places where they shouldn't 

5 minutes ago, carosio said:

Looks ideal but I presume there are cameras everywhere trying to spot cars stopping in places where they shouldn't 

See my post above about the double red lines. 

£70 fine if caught, and this one is issued by a county council and not a cowboy parking firm.

Anyway your opening post says you are dropping off, not picking up, so you have no reason to park up somewhere and hang around 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Ok so the choice is  £5 near the terminal or 1hr free at long stay park, up to my passenger to choose. On pick up it will be her choice again.

3 minutes ago, carosio said:

Ok so the choice is  £5 near the terminal or 1hr free at long stay park, up to my passenger to choose. On pick up it will be her choice again.

Im on about parking a couple of miles away which only about 4 or5 mins drive, there are public lay bys some with burger vans and some with toilets,  no red routes no double yellows or cameras,  its nowt to do with the airport.  Pricing wise, I mentioned the last time I went, it was a quid, obviuos its changed since. 

Not for everybody but may be useful to some:

If you are over 60 you can get from Sheffield station to the terminal door for £6 70.

Travel at or after 9 00 by train to Derby then frequent (every 20m or less) Skylink bus from outside the station.

Ask for a Senior Derbyshire Wayfarer at Sheffield Station or on the bus on the way back. 

48 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Im on about parking a couple of miles away which only about 4 or5 mins drive, there are public lay bys some with burger vans and some with toilets,  no red routes no double yellows or cameras,  its nowt to do with the airport.  Pricing wise, I mentioned the last time I went, it was a quid, obviuos its changed since. 

The Moto motorway services are at the end of the road, not exactly a hardship to wait there tbh.

And the red route only came in during 2019 and you last said you went six years ago.