John Burkhill: One In A Million

16 hours ago, Padders said:

Captain Tom walked round his garden 100 times, raised millions thanks to the Media, and received a Knighthood..

John Burkhill has walked the length of Britain many times.

I don't begrudge Captain Tom, but surely John should be Knighted.

i agree with that,as you know i have many chats and he also unveiled our tennents association 50 year plaque,much to the annoyance of many others from scc housing who thought they were more worthy,well our committee said sorry hes our top man,even if it was for the hurricane bertha festival day,although i am now retired from the tara,hes still there no1 man and re-the festival thats even in his book,i have never met a more humble person ever,most mayors let him speak before them at our festival,same with myself,our MP and councillors,as hes far more worthy than us all,please lets get him to that 1 million milestone asap,and he needs the star for sheffield award and a knighthood,long live the mad man with the pram

John has shown how to be positive when the world around crumbles

Legend

his film bring tears to anyones eyes,hes so humble,top man

Guest sibon
9 hours ago, bassett one said:

his film bring tears to anyones eyes,hes so humble,top man

Forget about the tears. 

He’ll be on the bridge before you get to the Kop tomorrow. Take him a couple of quid. Much better than crying.

He’s an amazing man

Edited by sibon

So so very glad he's made his million at last.

Well done John! Words can't convey my admiration.

A big well done John, but I am envious of the fact that your knees and hips are still OK, whereas my hips had to be replaced and my love of running ended !

What a fantastic achievement!  I just wish we could bottle what John has and feed it to the rest of the population.  He is a very humble,  generous,  hard working,  dedicated and loyal individual.

His BEM's should be elevated to MBE's at the very least!