Rolling Stones Drop Brown Sugar From Play List.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Not really, they chose not to play it, it's not cancelled people can still hear it if they so wish, it's not gone anywhere, stop crying.

Gaslighting at it's finest.

Go on then mel, would would drive them to "choose" to cease playing one of their most iconic songs?

2 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Go on then mel, would would drive them to "choose" to cease playing one of their most iconic songs?

theres lots of resons why they wouldnt play certain songs, classic or not, they cant fit all of em in a single setlist anyway.

Maybe they did remove it because of slavery, but who cares, im not the one frothing over it, im sure theyre old enough and wise enough to know what theyre doing and understand the world around them and how times are changing.

I havent actually heard of any arguements by Woke / cancel culture people making them change it, what i read they decided to drop it themselves, the only people making a fuss seem to be right wing bigoted snowflakes with an axe to grind.

On 20/10/2021 at 18:04, melthebell said:

theres lots of resons why they wouldnt play certain songs, classic or not, they cant fit all of em in a single setlist anyway.

Maybe they did remove it because of slavery, but who cares, im not the one frothing over it, im sure theyre old enough and wise enough to know what theyre doing and understand the world around them and how times are changing.

I havent actually heard of any arguements by Woke / cancel culture people making them change it, what i read they decided to drop it themselves, the only people making a fuss seem to be right wing bigoted snowflakes with an axe to grind.

Brown Sugar has always been one of the highlights of the Stones set, they almost always played an extended version of it live with Mick doing his signature moves to it, its not a song they'd have dropped without the effects of cancel culture, dress it up however you want but you're wrong.

On 14/10/2021 at 11:16, *Wallace* said:

I’m stocking up on brown shoe polish.

What are they going to call the Brownies now, as for the Boy Scouts, will it be the Unisex scouts. :loopy:

3 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

What are they going to call the Brownies now, as for the Boy Scouts, will it be the Unisex scouts.

No. 'Unisex' is probably a forbidden word, because at least some people believe that there are at least 99 sexes.

[recount pending]

Guest sibon
On 20/10/2021 at 15:54, HumbleNarrator said:

I guess that external pressures are a factor. They probably aren't the only things at work though. Times change and sentiments change too. I guess that they wouldn't write Brown Sugar now. I'm in two minds about whether they should play it.

I've seen Elvis Costello roughly 15000052 times. There's a line in Olivers Army that wouldn't get written today. I've seen him play it, refuse to play it, mumble the "offending" line and finally re-write the verse. The rewrite is just fine, it isn't 1979 any more, mercifully.

It's all quite complicated really.

5 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

What are they going to call the Brownies now, as for the Boy Scouts, will it be the Unisex scouts. :loopy:

Please keep up. The 'Boy' description was dropped from badges in 1967.

https://scoutcollecting.co.uk/ssshop4-badges-wolf_cubs-skills__amp__proficiency_184-woven_and_bound_1934_to_1967.html

The Uniform has been in constant evolution since 1908.

https://heritage.scouts.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Scout-Youth-sections-and-Adult-leader-Uniform-Development-time-line.pdf

Edited by Flanker7
more

53 minutes ago, sibon said:

I guess that external pressures are a factor. They probably aren't the only things at work though. Times change and sentiments change too. I guess that they wouldn't write Brown Sugar now. I'm in two minds about whether they should play it.

I've seen Elvis Costello roughly 15000052 times. There's a line in Olivers Army that wouldn't get written today. I've seen him play it, refuse to play it, mumble the "offending" line and finally re-write the verse. The rewrite is just fine, it isn't 1979 any more, mercifully.

It's all quite complicated really.

Mick Jagger is on record in an interview in about 1996 that he wouldn't write brown sugar if he had his time again. Outside pressure? Inward reflection? Is he the same person as he was in the 60s? Is society? 

It's not coming off my Spotify playlist.

2 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

Please keep up. The 'Boy' description was dropped from badges in 1967.

https://scoutcollecting.co.uk/ssshop4-badges-wolf_cubs-skills__amp__proficiency_184-woven_and_bound_1934_to_1967.html

Keep up,  :hihi: .  Don't really care TBH, I just hope the kids today enjoy their time in the scouts like I did. 

5 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I thought you didn't really care TBH.

But, if you're going to have a cheap shot at least make it accurate ;0)

Guest sibon
33 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Mick Jagger is on record in an interview in about 1996 that he wouldn't write brown sugar if he had his time again. Outside pressure? Inward reflection? Is he the same person as he was in the 60s? Is society? 

It's not coming off my Spotify playlist.

Indeed not. It is a fine song

1 hour ago, Flanker7 said:

I thought you didn't really care TBH.

But, if you're going to have a cheap shot at least make it accurate ;0)

Ok, Robert Baden Powell.  Calm down,  political correctness going too far is what I,  as you call taking a cheap shot at. :loopy: