Calendar

Has anyone else noticed that Calendar is now turning into a Hull local news programme? even the background is of the Humber bridge , I thought that the programme was to cover the whole of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, don’t get me wrong it’s not a very good news programme but come on , Hull !, 

18 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I believe it depends in the area you live which version of Calendar you receive by default.  It certainly has become more localised over the years.  The BBC also broadcasts local news programs from Hull and Leeds.

No, what Sheffield see, Leeds etc see in fact all Yorkshire as far as I know

16 minutes ago, lazarus said:

No, what Sheffield see, Leeds etc see in fact all Yorkshire as far as I know

Nope, there are sub-regional variations on both BBC and ITV, you must have your aerial pointing at Belmont. You need to change it to Crosspool or Emley Moor.  Although we have no idea where you is, it may be you are unable to.

https://redwoodadvertising.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ITV-Map-YORKSHIRE-MICRO-2.pdf

Of course we are assuming you are on about Freeview here, if you have Sky/Virgin then your postcode has dictated which version you gets on channel 103.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Sheffield needs to up its PR department to make it more newsworthy.

Or, the OP needs to check he has the right thing on first as per my post.

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Nope, there are sub-regional variations on both BBC and ITV, you must have your aerial pointing at Belmont. You need to change it to Crosspool or Emley Moor.  Although we have no idea where you is, it may be you are unable to.

https://redwoodadvertising.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ITV-Map-YORKSHIRE-MICRO-2.pdf

Of course we are assuming you are on about Freeview here, if you have Sky/Virgin then your postcode has dictated which version you gets on channel 103.

No free view, so how can the two same presenters broadcast different regional programs at the same time? my aerial is fine, it’s the programme content that’s leaning towards Hull and East Yorkshire, nothing to do with aerials or regions.

You dont tell us where you are, Sheffield is on the cusp of both areas so your position in the city is relevent.

If the programme content is almost exclusively Hull and East Yorks it does suggest you are getting pictures from Belmont. Easy way to check is see who is hosting BBC Look North this evening.

In any case, what would be the issue with the background being the Humber Bridge? Its still within Yorkshire, they have to pick something. 

As far as I understand it, the whole of Yorkshire gets the same 6 minutes, and then it splits off into two (West/South Yorks, and the rest of Yorkshire) for the rest of the programme, not sure which of the two areas gets the same presenter for the whole programme.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

You dont tell us where you are, Sheffield is on the cusp of both areas so your position in the city is relevent.

If the programme content is almost exclusively Hull and East Yorks it does suggest you are getting pictures from Belmont. Easy way to check is see who is hosting BBC Look North this evening.

In any case, what would be the issue with the background being the Humber Bridge? Its still within Yorkshire, they have to pick something. 

As far as I understand it, the whole of Yorkshire gets the same 6 minutes, and then it splits off into two (West/South Yorks, and the rest of Yorkshire) for the rest of the programme, not sure which of the two areas gets the same presenter for the whole programme.

I live on Gleadless Valley, and 6 minutes is a joke, just not true.

Well as I said, easy way to confirm your aerial alignment is to put Look North on this evening, if its Peter Levy (in all likelihood, as he hosted last night) hosting your aerial is pointing at the wrong transmitter.  If not, then everything is fine, and in that instance I cant explain why Calendar is mainly covering Hull stories. Maybe more is going on in Hull at the moment.

Well I live in S11  and use SKY and what do I get - Granada which  is as  interesting as Calendar

Just now, lobster said:

Well I live in S11  and use SKY and what do I get - Granada which  is as  interesting as Calendar

There must be an issue with your mapping there, contact Sky and get them to sort. The region you see is set by your postcode Sky have on file.

You can set ITV Yorkshire as an additional channel if you cant be bothered doing the above.

If you are on Freeview, it can depend on how you retune your Freeview device (tele or DVD or whatever).  Options usually are "by region", or "by strength".  Over the years (and in the same house), I've had news from Yorkshire Granada and Tyne Tees.    At one point I had all 3!

Edited by Thirsty Relic