Duke Street Incident

Anyone know what's going on on Duke Street . My brother rung Mum to say it's been closed because of an incident 

Just had a look on Sheffield news & it said Air Ambulance , Fire , Ambulances & Police are there 

Check the Sheffield Facebook page for stuff like that.

Officers are currently attending the Park Hill flats off the B6070 Duke Street in Sheffield alongside crews from Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust and South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue.

We were called to an incident this evening where a man was seriously injured and was given CPR.

Police officers forced entry to the man’s flat and some started suffering ill effects from an unknown chemical. Fire crews are currently determining the cause of the effects and the police officers affected are receiving medical attention.

No surrounding flats have been evacuated and there is not believed to be any threat to the wider public, but people are asked not to approach the scene while emergency services personnel continue their work.

The man, aged in his 30s, has been transported to Northern General Hospital where he remains in a serious condition.

We thank you all for your patience and co-operation as work continues at the scene. More details will follow.

From South Yorks Police Facebook page.

It sounds awful I’m wondering what the chemical is if the man was so desperate to get out he jumped out of the window and it seems to have effected the officers pretty damn quick.

1 minute ago, *Wallace* said:

It sounds awful

....and more than likely self inflicted so my sympathy is limited unless I am proven otherwise .

25 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

....and more than likely self inflicted so my sympathy is limited unless I am proven otherwise .

Lovely christian attitude there.

49 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

What about the emergency crews ?

43 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Oh I missed that line. Indeed, bad for them yes. But no sympathy for anyone who inflicted it on themselves.

As for a "Christian attitude", religion is the root of all evil anyway.

52 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Someone put this on facebook regarding this incident:

Residents and police getting hosed down by fire engine crew other residents as myself getting told it’s not safe to be outside so I don’t know but it has got to be some serious chemical or virus from the guy jumping out of window for them to have to strip into there underwear to get hosed down by fire brigades with gas masks on

10 minutes ago, dutch said:

Someone put this on facebook regarding this incident:

Residents and police getting hosed down by fire engine crew other residents as myself getting told it’s not safe to be outside so I don’t know but it has got to be some serious chemical or virus from the guy jumping out of window for them to have to strip into there underwear to get hosed down by fire brigades with gas masks on

It’s scary.

I know what my money is on, I shall however keep my powder dry until it is confirmed.