What Areas To Look At And Which To Avoid?

Chapeltown, High Green and Ecclesfield are worth a look.

If you're wanting a decent size garden probably best looking at ex council properties. Try the Ballifield area.

Wisewood is a council estate that was built when they knew how to build houses with character. Nice front and back lawns with privet hedges.

If you’ve got plenty of money then Whirlow is an area where the houses hold their price.

Thanks again all.. we looked at a house in High Green yesterday, put in an offer.. do hope it's accepted but with the viewings booked til the weekend, not feeling too hopeful at this stage but if it's not meant to be... and all that.   Will keep looking just in case.

Hi everyone,

Thoughts about Shiregreen please?  Mason Lathe Road?  I've seen some not so good comments on other sites about Shiregreen - quite a bit of crime around there I think?  Is it a big housing estate?

Sincerely, no disrepect to anyone that lives in Shiregreen.. 

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, FelineUK said:

Hi everyone,

Thoughts about Shiregreen please?  Mason Lathe Road?  I've seen some not so good comments on other sites about Shiregreen - quite a bit of crime around there I think?  Is it a big housing estate?

Sincerely, no disrepect to anyone that lives in Shiregreen.. 

Thank you!

My friend has lived on Mason Lathe for years, she’s never had any problems. It’s always pretty quiet.

I live in Shiregreen too and bought mine a year ago. We get the odd gang of kids hanging around but you get that everywhere.

My car windscreen was smashed about 10 years ago but that’s it (touch wood!)

Shiregreen IS a big estate tho, and some parts are worse than others.