Can The Flu Jab Be Booked Online ?

I’ve had my Covid and my flu jab but I’m asking for my neighbour. She’s had all her Covid jabs but every time she rings her GP to try and book her flu jab they say that they haven’t got the vaccine in yet. I wondered if she can book online for the flu jab ?

Just go to any chemist and they will do it for you straight away.

Think it depends on your GP, I got a text from my GP last week asking me to make an appointment through the link they sent me and had the jab Saturday.

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

Just go to any chemist and they will do it for you straight away.

Do you have had to have had the booster jab done first ?

No just go and if they have the flu jab they will give it you. I should go to your local chemist to see if they have the jab, first. You have to have a week between your booster jab and your flu jab. The nurse asked me when I had the booster.

I got a txt from the health centre to go and get the flu jab...which I did. While I was there I asked about the booster and was told I'll get notification when to go and get it. 

There has to be a six month gap between your last covid jab and your booster.

15 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

There has to be a six month gap between your last covid jab and your booster.

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’ve had my Covid and my flu jab but I’m asking for my neighbour. She’s had all her Covid jabs but every time she rings her GP to try and book her flu jab they say that they haven’t got the vaccine in yet. I wondered if she can book online for the flu jab ?

I've just booked my flu jab online.

I got a letter from Lloyds Pharmacy saying I'm eligible as I'm over 50.

If your neighbour has got a letter from the pharmacy, alls he/she needs to do is scan the QR code and it'll ask a few questions about name, D.O.B etc. 

50 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I've just booked my flu jab online.

I got a letter from Lloyds Pharmacy saying I'm eligible as I'm over 50.

If your neighbour has got a letter from the pharmacy, alls he/she needs to do is scan the QR code and it'll ask a few questions about name, D.O.B etc. 

The pharmacy won’t know her name but last year you could walk into any pharmacy and get a flu jab on the spot with no prior booking.

Edited by pattricia

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

The pharmacy won’t know her name but last year you could walk into any pharmacy and get a flu jab on the spot with no prior booking.

I think this year with Covid, pharmacies are anticipating there being a shortage of flu vaccines.

But have a look on the Boots website - I do know that they're vaccinating people

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

I phoned  Morrisons pharmacy in Parkgate and got an evening appointment for a flu jab that was perfect for me. It was a  quiet time to go, and I tend to busy in the daytime. It was free too, but unsure which age groups get it for free.