Vpn Installed

can any 1 help me with installing a vpn on my games console to stop me booted offline all the time ive purchased octovpn just not sure how to get it on my console willing to pay for some 1 to come round and do this located in s13

i need some 1 to come and install my vpn on my games console to stop other players booting me off all the time ive purchased octovpn just need it putting on  my console willing to pay for this service can pick you up drop you off etc  look forward to some replies thanks for looking

Shouldn't help with playing games, would make it worse if anything.

Ideally you want to be hardwired into your router, to give you the best speeds and lowest latency.

3 hours ago, cocker said:

i need some 1 to come and install my vpn on my games console to stop other players booting me off all the time ive purchased octovpn just need it putting on  my console willing to pay for this service can pick you up drop you off etc  look forward to some replies thanks for looking

That's not how VPNs work.
It can't stop people removing you from a gaming session.

Edited by Pyrotequila

octovpn stops you being booted offline i know many other players who use it 

it works i know other players that do it

I don't frequent here often anymore, but saw this...

as stated above, that's not how  VPN's work, not at all..

What OctoVPN CAN do is stop people directly targeting you with DDoS attacks (which is unlikely to happen, and your ISP would generally help prevent against this any way)

Also, it won't stop you being kicked/removed/banned from games or servers...

And, it won't help protect the game servers you are connected to, that's out of their hands...

And how to use it with a console....

https://help.octovpn.com/en/article/how-to-use-octovpn-with-a-console-sharing-connection-87ogf8/

Edited by Ghozer

2 hours ago, cocker said:

octovpn stops you being booted offline i know many other players who use it 

Are you being booted for cheating or using exploits?

im being booted by other players constantly trolling me ddos attack 

13 minutes ago, geared said:

Are you being booted for cheating or using exploits?

48 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

I don't frequent here often anymore, but saw this...

as stated above, that's not how  VPN's work, not at all..

What OctoVPN CAN do is stop people directly targeting you with DDoS attacks (which is unlikely to happen, and your ISP would generally help prevent against this any way)

Also, it won't stop you being kicked/removed/banned from games or servers...

And, it won't help protect the game servers you are connected to, that's out of their hands...

And how to use it with a console....

https://help.octovpn.com/en/article/how-to-use-octovpn-with-a-console-sharing-connection-87ogf8/

i get ddos attacked constantly 

17 minutes ago, cocker said:

im being booted by other players constantly trolling me ddos attack 

i get ddos attacked constantly 

I honestly doubt anyone is DDoSing you, it takes MANY connections, of a reasonable speed, so the players would need control of botnets or multiple servers, and as I said, as soon as your ISP detects a DDoS attempt, they re-route that traffic and black-hole it generally so it doesn't affect you.. to DDoS you, it would require at MINIMUM -to guarantee an effect- at least 3x your connection speed... so if you are on Virgins 500mb, they would need 1.5GB's (upload) available to them to be able to knock you offline....

and if, some how they were - you can report it to your ISP who can track via logs and report back to the source etc...

It's more likely the servers you are routing to are in different countries and/or unstable connections, or your own connection is unstable so you get packet loss and resulting in a kick for high ping and packet loss...

a VPN 'may' help with this, as it will route the traffic differently...

I gave you a link from their own website on how to use it with a console, this is your ONLY option, as the console has nowhere/no way to enter a username and password for the VPN, so you cannot "install it on the console" as you originally said, you have to set it up on a computer or other device that allows network sharing, and connect your console VIA that device, this will then route it through the VPN..

There is no way to directly configure it on a console..

Edited by Ghozer

they call it booting online i know players who do it google or youtube it its a common acurance im not a tech savvy kinda of bloke they target me because im extremly high rank on the game i play ive purchased octovpn been told i need to connect my laptop to my ps5 download octovpn to it then connect my ps5 to my router via ethernet then they cant boot me no more

15 hours ago, cocker said:

they call it booting online i know players who do it google or youtube it its a common acurance im not a tech savvy kinda of bloke they target me because im extremly high rank on the game i play ive purchased octovpn been told i need to connect my laptop to my ps5 download octovpn to it then connect my ps5 to my router via ethernet then they cant boot me no more

There are so many errors in that post I don't know where to begin.

It sounds more like you're being voted out of an online game than being targeted by DDoS attacks.

You can't connect a laptop to a PS5 and install anything on the PS5.
Depending on your router and broadband, connecting over WiFi versus ethernet will likely not make a noticeable different to pings.