Homeless Con Artists - Meadowhead & St James Retail Park

The best thing you can do for homeless people is to donate to charities that help them like Ben's centre or the cathedral archer project.  The genuine homeless people will most likely be accessing these services.  If they are truly homeless would they most like not be in the city centre where they can access services.  It's also worth saying that the there is homeless outreach team that will visit areas where homeless people have been reported by the public.  If they are genuinely homeless then the team will work with the person to try and get them  in supported housing.   

Plenty of "homeless" people arent actually homeless, the sooner people realise this uncomfortable truth and stop giving people money the better, and the genuine ones will access services like the ones mentioned above instead 

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Plenty of "homeless" people arent actually homeless, the sooner people realise this uncomfortable truth and stop giving people money the better, and the genuine ones will access services like the ones mentioned above instead 

I realised this about 40 years ago  Not a penny piece has passed to these pathetic scroungers ever since.

I was in Dublin years ago , very early morning looked out of the hotel window and was amazed to see a number of Mini Buses and Transit Vans pull up at various points in the City centre .They were all full of women and children who got out , split up and just sat down . Being a bit naive I asked the hotel staff what was going on . Oh it is just the organised beggars staking out their pitch was the response , Transport will come along about 5/6pm when there is a shift change - gobsmacked to say the least

Never mind those people on the street. Every time UK politicians are on the news I see beggars of a different kind. 

Thing is that the ones on the street are dressed poorly and the other ones wear a suit and tie.

I do not see the difference these are exactly the same people to me with a different dress code. 

6 hours ago, lobster said:

I was in Dublin years ago , very early morning looked out of the hotel window and was amazed to see a number of Mini Buses and Transit Vans pull up at various points in the City centre .They were all full of women and children who got out , split up and just sat down . Being a bit naive I asked the hotel staff what was going on . Oh it is just the organised beggars staking out their pitch was the response , Transport will come along about 5/6pm when there is a shift change - gobsmacked to say the least

Was a group down the Moor a while back that operated like that, every day they were dropped off and collected by a flash Mercedes.

The sooner people realise that most of these "homeless" people aren't actually homeless, the better. The amount that get dropped off in cars in town is staggering, before starting their "work shifts" assumingly to pay for spice and other drugs. Call me heartless, but I never give any money. If they ask for a coffee or food I happily oblige. Rarely they do however!

regrettably there are those who see this as a way to make an easy buck. As you know where they live worth reporting to the tax and social security people

there was a begger years ago in the star,he even had a disability car,its awfull picking on ,peoples kindness

A good way to tellmivbthey are genuine, look at their hands. A homeless persons hands will be engrained in dirt........

thats normally true,hope they dont read this or they will be covering there hands in mud