Which Would Be The Best England Team From The Owls

well it was before my time,but now realise my mistake,but would of played at sometime with that record of goals,was he not even at his best scoring age when he set record?

13 hours ago, crookesey said:

Chris Woods, born in Swineshead (grunt) won 10 more England caps than Ron Springett who was a Londoner.

…but 14 fewer as a Wednesday player than Ron.

On 09/10/2021 at 07:11, Jim Hardie said:

Only one problem there.

Which is Jim ?

16 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Which is Jim ?

Of the four players mentioned, only one qualifies as being in the 43.

58 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Of the four players mentioned, only one qualifies as being in the 43.

The four Sheffield born players; Sterland, Fantham, Quixall, who's the other one ? Tony Kay tho' he's not on the list.

27 minutes ago, St Petre said:

The four Sheffield born players; Sterland, Fantham, Quixall, who's the other one ? Tony Kay tho' he's not on the list.

The post I was replying to mentioned Dooley, Swan, Kay, and Layne. Only Swanny won caps while with Wednesday.

Incidentally, one player very unlucky not to be on that list is Vic Mobley. He was named in the England team to play Holland in 1964 but was replaced by Maurice Norman because of injury and was never picked again.

5 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

The post I was replying to mentioned Dooley, Swan, Kay, and Layne. Only Swanny won caps while with Wednesday.

Incidentally, one player very unlucky not to be on that list is Vic Mobley. He was named in the England team to play Holland in 1964 but was replaced by Maurice Norman because of injury and was never picked again.

Didn't similar happen to Peter Eustace - picked for the England squad but injured. Saying that, the injury was a skiing accident when PE and some other players were mucking about on Deepcar golf course - talk at the time was Sam Ellis ran into PE with his ski's and cut PE's shin badly.  Think this incident resulted in PE being transferred to West Ham.