Why Scc Still Applying 2 Metre Rule?

These are the Covid requirements for the last full Council meeting on October 6th at Ponds Forge

PLEASE NOTE: Meetings of the Council have to be held as physical meetings. While ever the Council continues to apply social distancing and other public health safety measures, the meetings of the Council will be held at the Ponds Forge International Sports Centre as this venue can accommodate all 84 Members of the Council, plus officers and a limited number of members of the public within a safe indoor environment. If you would like to attend the meeting, you must register to attend by emailing committee@sheffield.gov.uk at least 2 clear days in advance of the date of the meeting. This is necessary to facilitate the management of attendance at the meeting to maintain social distancing. In order to ensure safe access and to protect all attendees, you will be required to wear a face covering (unless you have an exemption) at all times within the venue. It is also recommended that you undertake a Covid-19 Rapid Lateral Flow Test within two days of the meeting. You can order tests online to be delivered to your home address, or you can collect tests from a local pharmacy. Further details of these tests and how to obtain them can be

Similar These are the Covid requirements for the last Co-operative Executive on Wednesday 22 September.

Webcast is available.

My italics.

So they arent stopping anyone attending then, thats another SF myth debunked.

well i tried to book for our area meeting in south lac and its full at 30 no more allowed in ,due to 2 metre rule,okay i  have found i am away on holiday that day,but couldnt go if i wished,so it does make a difference, i just find it strange as the rest of the countrys moved on.

On 09/10/2021 at 16:55, Annie Bynnol said:

These are the Covid requirements for the last full Council meeting on October 6th at Ponds Forge

PLEASE NOTE: Meetings of the Council have to be held as physical meetings. While ever the Council continues to apply social distancing and other public health safety measures, the meetings of the Council will be held at the Ponds Forge International Sports Centre as this venue can accommodate all 84 Members of the Council, plus officers and a limited number of members of the public within a safe indoor environment. If you would like to attend the meeting, you must register to attend by emailing committee@sheffield.gov.uk at least 2 clear days in advance of the date of the meeting. 

They are using covid to limit the public from attending their proceedings. First bold- making it clear there is a limit to how many public can attend, while conveniently keeping the actual figure to themselves.

Second bold- requiring potential attendees to email 2 days in advance; another hoop to jump through, and, from a council which is notorious for having services where emails are routinely ignored and phone numbers which nobody answers.

On 09/10/2021 at 22:43, HeHasRisen said:

So they arent stopping anyone attending then, thats another SF myth debunked.

au contraire- established by the above :)

33 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

They are using covid to limit the public from attending their proceedings. First bold- making it clear there is a limit to how many public can attend, while conveniently keeping the actual figure to themselves.

Second bold- requiring potential attendees to email 2 days in advance; another hoop to jump through, and, from a council which is notorious for having services where emails are routinely ignored and phone numbers which nobody answers.

au contraire- established by the above :)

How many people could attend pre-COVID?

Lots of tin foil hats around the place, i doubt they are keeping all their workplaces like this just to stop Karen from Totley attending a council meeting at short notice. 

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Lots of tin foil hats around the place, i doubt they are keeping all their workplaces like this just to stop Karen from Totley attending a council meeting at short notice. 

Or even Fred from Foxhill.