Why Scc Still Applying 2 Metre Rule?

this is not a moan its a question,why are all meetings ect in council buildings still applying a 2 metre rule? i thought with night clubs,pubs ect all back to normal,that was the end of the rule,but when i asked why only a set amount could go to a area council meeting,they said the 2 metre rule applied in council buildings,i was very suprised,this is not a nasty or bad comment ,its just a strange rule .

Bassettone starting another thread about the council, there.

Who hurt you?

Why not have the 2 metre rule? Covid is still around, you should know how it's transmitted so why ask?  And why compare the council meetings to a pub or club. The pubs are clubs are trying to make money and will cram any number of people in, the council do the opposite, spend money,  and they could be trying to protect those who attend the meetings. 

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Bassettone starting another thread about the council, there.

Who hurt you?

Stop bullying , man asked a honest question . If the house of commons dont need it , why do SCC ?  Are they using covid as an excuse to limit the number of people that might question their actions ? 

If questions can be raised in writing or virtually I dont see the issue, I have no idea if this is the case or not.

The UK currently has some of the highest rates of covid in Europe so it's no wonder some places are still taking precautions.

They may well be futile if everyone is rubbing shoulders down the pub after work, but they've no control over that.

A lot of companies and organisations are still using some sort of social distancing in workplaces and pinch points within them. As most people are aware, not everyone feels the same or has the same approach to dealing with Covid and have had different experiences. A lot of people are still working from home for example, and where are people have returned to work, some sort of measures are in places. Showing duty of care to employees and those who use their services is welcomed from me.

Edited by S1 1DJ

i was not slating the council in any way,but i dont think its needed as the rest of englands moved on,boris and his gang all meet without it,buses,trains ect,so was suprised and wondered where else this rule was applied,thats all

Just because it's not compulsory doesn't mean that it's not a good policy. On buses, trains  etc it's down to the individual and how safe they feel....or not....

to decide what to do. 

complete waste of time 1m 2m 1/2 m it makes no difference, another comfort blanket for people to feel safe and a measure to ensure they minimise any claims of neglect.

57 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

complete waste of time 1m 2m 1/2 m it makes no difference, another comfort blanket for people to feel safe and a measure to ensure they minimise any claims of neglect.

1m 2m, they are miles away from a phone it takes about an hour to get through to them.  :huh:

17 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

1m 2m, they are miles away from a phone it takes about an hour to get through to them.  :huh:

ha ha aint that the truth, it also applies to loads of other places and they all blame covid lol