Sheffield Forum: Live

6 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Didn't there used to be a forum meet years ago?  Wasn't in the Dev Cat on Thursdays?

Yes that rings a bell.

Some of special interest groups also had meets the Badminton club met up, as did the knitting circle, I think 

On 08/10/2021 at 12:49, HeHasRisen said:

No ex-moderators allowed, I hope.

Narrow it down a bit 🤣

Guest sibon
27 minutes ago, Tony said:

Narrow it down a bit 🤣

For once, I agree with Tony😀

On 10/10/2021 at 13:35, HeHasRisen said:

Going off the picture its clearly some sort of social event, in real, in person.

They'll be blood up the walls! 😆

51 minutes ago, SFBeca said:

Hmmm... :huh:

That was an interesting interview...

... but I think the little dog in the studio wanted to be let out after about 27 minutes 40 seconds! ;)

On 11/10/2021 at 18:58, SFBeca said:

the big reveal... Sheffield Forum: Live is going to be a quarterly event, where we bring together four talented people either from or based in Sheffield to give a short talk which will entertain, be insightful and educate. 

The first event will be held at The Mowbray on Wednesday 17th November at 6.30pm.

Look out for the speakers and updates to be announced this week!

Tickets available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sheffield-forum-live-tickets-184855546917

Where are they going to find ‘Four talented people’ on this forum? 😂

6 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Where are they going to find ‘Four talented people’ on this forum? 😂

The speakers aren't on the Forum! These are the speakers:

Eliot Kennedy

Eliot is a Grammy and Ivor Novello award winning, Golden Globe nominated, music producer and songwriter from Sheffield!

He's had major success working with: Take That, Blue, Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, S Club 7, Five, Billie Piper, Mary J. Blige and many others.

Eliot co-founded The True North Music Company, a production and publishing business with his friend Gary Barlow. They have enjoyed success with Delta Goodrem, Lara Fabian, Blue and Charlotte Church. Eliot also co-wrote the hit Broadway musical Finding Neverland with Gary Barlow.

In 2021 he released his first album "A Yacht Named Sue" to great success.

Tim Craggs:

Tim is a single-molecule biophysicist at Craggs Lab, lecturer in Biological Chemistry at the University of Sheffield, founder of Exciting Instruments, accomplished violinist.. phew! the list goes on!

He has a really interesting talk about the intersections of religion & science, that we can't wait to hear!

Katherine Payne:

Kat is the organiser of Goldsmiths North, an annual retail fair which brings together the best of designer jewellery and silversmithing from the UK and Europe to Sheffield.

The Archer Project:

We have poetry from Chris at The Archer Project, which are a Sheffield based charity which does great work helping homeless people into a settled life.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:48, alchresearch said:

Didn't there used to be a forum meet years ago?  Wasn't in the Dev Cat on Thursdays?

Maybe later? Originally was in the classic rock bar at the bottom of Eccy road.

We've started a comp over on socials if anyone would like to enter and win x2 tickets to our first event!

We have some great speakers lined up and can't wait - head to FB, Twitter or Instagram to enter.

254630182_10157920074591207_5839163135336300605_n.jpg

On 05/11/2021 at 12:39, SFBeca said:

The speakers aren't on the Forum! These are the speakers:

Eliot Kennedy

Eliot is a Grammy and Ivor Novello award winning, Golden Globe nominated, music producer and songwriter from Sheffield!

He's had major success working with: Take That, Blue, Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, S Club 7, Five, Billie Piper, Mary J. Blige and many others.

Eliot co-founded The True North Music Company, a production and publishing business with his friend Gary Barlow. They have enjoyed success with Delta Goodrem, Lara Fabian, Blue and Charlotte Church. Eliot also co-wrote the hit Broadway musical Finding Neverland with Gary Barlow.

In 2021 he released his first album "A Yacht Named Sue" to great success.

ooh, I know him 😁

Well, I know of him, in that he visits local schools and other events and give talks inspiring children to achieve their goals and fulfil their dreams.

A very nice guy 😀

He seems lovely and really interesting! I can't wait to hear his talk 😊