Autumn/Winter Weather In Sheffield Areas

Anyone got any idea about bin collection disruption?  Veolia's site have no updates on it, but there's no chance of a lorry getting around most areas tomorrow...

2 hours ago, Stemitchell said:

Anyone got any idea about bin collection disruption?  Veolia's site have no updates on it, but there's no chance of a lorry getting around most areas tomorrow...

Usual procedure is to leave the bin out anyway, if it gets emptied it gets emptied. If not, put it out again Tuesday. Rinse and repeat.

7 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

No but a load of cars are/were blocking the route. 

Imbeciles (incapable of driving in wintry conditions) out driving when any sensible poor driver would have recognized their own inadequacies and stayed at home.

i agree put bins out as normal,it often clears for  the trucks quickly and they will get emptied even if a tad late,re- cars if like me you are of a certain age,i also have a automatic,let it stay on the drive,because it can lead to  a worst situation,if you get stuck,stopping other vehicles,also its not worth the risk.so if your older stay home,stay safe ,until the roads improve,always make sure you have a sensible amount of food in the cupboard for these situations,why risk it?

12 hours ago, Martin C said:

Imbeciles (incapable of driving in wintry conditions) out driving when any sensible poor driver would have recognized their own inadequacies and stayed at home.

Perhaps they have a job to travel to/from.  Perhaps they have carer responsibilities to attend to.  Perhaps they have to go and fetch emergency supplies from somewhere. 

Not everyone has the luxury of sitting on their backside in a warm house making snarky comments from behind the keyboard.

I hardly think those drivers caught up we're just aimlessly cruising around on a whim.

12 hours ago, Martin C said:

Is this the first bit of humble bragging about winter driving skills of the season? Standard fare on these threads, use a high gear, use a low gear, low revs, high revs blah blah blah.

28 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Is this the first bit of humble bragging about winter driving skills of the season? Standard fare on these threads, use a high gear, use a low gear, low revs, high revs blah blah blah.

"Pay a ridiculous amount to put winter tyres on your car for the sake of 3 days a year" is a good one also.

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

"Pay a ridiculous amount to put winter tyres on your car for the sake of 3 days a year" is a good one also.

i agree with that,because people do it

9 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i agree with that,because people do it

More fool them.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

More fool them.

And you can spot them a mile off (their vehicles aren't abandoned).

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

And you can spot them a mile off (their vehicles aren't abandoned).

A top tip: if the roads are full of snow, simply dont go out on them. Its served me well for the approx. 3 days a year its actually an issue for a few hours each time.

Edited by HeHasRisen

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

A top tip: if the roads are full of snow, simply dont go out on them. Its served me well for the approx. 3 days a year its actually an issue for a few hours each time.

Hmmm... :huh:

You are wise beyond your years grasshopper! :thumbsup: