Nurse Accused Of Murdering 8 Children.

7 minutes ago, Delbow said:

That was a stupid comment full of assumptions unless you know what being a ward manager involves and how they are selected.

Hmmm... :huh:

OK, I'm listening...

... why don't you tell us? :roll:

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

OK, I'm listening...

... why don't you tell us? :roll:

Why don't you ask the nurse instead whether there is something about managing a ward that requires clinical knowledge and experience? Or did you assume that as she's not a middle aged man there wasn't anything she could teach you?

Edited by Delbow

13 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Why don't you ask the nurse instead whether there is something about managing a ward that requires clinical knowledge and experience? Or did you assume that as she's not a middle aged man there wasn't anything she could teach you?

And you accuse others of making 'stupid comments full of assumptions'. :hihi:

As it's clear that you don't have the faintest idea then I'll not waste any more time with you...

Maybe someone else would like to explain then? (only replies from middle-aged men will be taken seriously!) :D

Our Ward Manager was a Nurse, then a Sister, then a Senior Sister, now a Ward Manager.

She is still an active Nurse on our ward, doing whatever needs doing, whether it’s sorting meds and IVs or stripping and making beds etc.

26 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Our Ward Manager was a Nurse, then a Sister, then a Senior Sister, now a Ward Manager.

She is still an active Nurse on our ward, doing whatever needs doing, whether it’s sorting meds and IVs or stripping and making beds etc.

Why does she have to strip before making the beds? Is it to avoid getting fluff on her uniform?

31 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Your ward manager does stripping? :heyhey: (Oops - beaten to it by Mr Dan!)

Thanks Nikki, but you were warned that since you are clearly not a middle-aged man your reply would not be taken seriously. :hihi:

On a serious point though...

... if she's still an active nurse, does she maybe have too much work to do, meaning she now does neither managing or nursing effectively? :|

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Your ward manager does stripping? :heyhey: (Oops - beaten to it by Mr Dan!)

Thanks Nikki, but you were warned that since you are clearly not a middle-aged man your reply would not be taken seriously. :hihi:

On a serious point though...

... if she's still an active nurse, does she maybe have too much work to do, meaning she now does neither managing or nursing effectively? :|

No. She doesn’t have a set of patients to look after, she just helps out if needed.

13 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

No. She doesn’t have a set of patients to look after, she just helps out if needed.

So is that in her job description, or is she just doing it 'to help out'?

If it is in her job description, then all ward managers must presumably have nursing experience?

(Sorry for the grilling, but I'm genuinely interested.) :)

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

So is that in her job description, or is she just doing it 'to help out'?

If it is in her job description, then all ward managers must presumably have nursing experience?

(Sorry for the grilling, but I'm genuinely interested.) :)

Her job description is to run the ward, whatever that involves. All the Ward Managers I know have come up from being Nurses.

4 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Her job description is to run the ward, whatever that involves. All the Ward Managers I know have come up from being Nurses.

OK thanks for that! :thumbsup:

I won't bother you any more... :)

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

OK thanks for that! :thumbsup:

I won't bother you any more... :)

Just heard a massive sigh of relieve.........

4 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just heard a massive sigh of relieve.........

Is it a happy ending ?