Mansfield Town V Sheffield Wednesday

3 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Good answer Cuttsie but I'm not a 'so called' Owls fan but a real one since 1957 through thick and thin (mostly thin).

soz , I am getting used to having no expectation what so bleeeeedin ever now , 

All the teams I am a fan off (not a supporter as I no longer pay to watch ) are crap .

My other teams are Notts County and St Mirren because I had them as my subutio teams back in 1953. . black and white striped shirts so it meant I could compete in both Scotland and England subuteo league .We had a full length pitch , and our old feller made us a stand out of matchsticks .

18 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

All the teams I am a fan off (not a supporter as I no longer pay to watch ) are crap .

My other teams are Notts County and St Mirren because I had them as my subutio teams back in 1953. . black and white striped shirts so it meant I could compete in both Scotland and England subuteo league .We had a full length pitch , and our old feller made us a stand out of matchsticks .

You could have included Newcastle United and Grimsby Town -tho' the Mariners  wore red socks most times- and a nod to Juventus who  still wear black shorts when white shorts clash on away games and their shirts had a Notts County connection (I forget what), maybe the County gave them some.  I somewhat recall that a few years ago that when Notts were celebrating one of their anniversaries-as the then oldest English league club (now it's Stoke City), Juve sent a  team over to Meadow Lane for a  commemarative friendly.

Edited by St Petre
add

24 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Notts County were 2 up tonight and lost, I Backed them.

Well we won. Not a fan of the competition but getting to the final could get us up to 1 million in prize money and other revenue so probably worth getting as far as we can. Wiped the smile off ex blade Quinn aswell so not a bad night's work.

Wins breed confidence and they've been in short supply of late...so we'll take this despite the tin pot nature of the competition ... 

9 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Well we won. Not a fan of the competition but getting to the final could get us up to 1 million in prize money and other revenue so probably worth getting as far as we can. Wiped the smile off ex blade Quinn aswell so not a bad night's work.

Quinny ,tried to do a Vardy when he scored , It just din't work did it .

Get those Wembley hotels booked you could be going all the way in this one.

Didn't know Nigel Clough was Mansfield's manager, that one got by me.

Edited by St Petre
add

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

Didn't know Nigel Clough was Mansfield's manager, that one got by me.

Clough used to manage forest too 

2 hours ago, rogets said:

Clough used to manage forest too 

Nigel Clough, altho' a former Forest player has never managed the club but his dad, Brian once did.