The Greatest Players Of All Time .

Two ex Owls have made the four four two list of all time great players , Trever Francis and Viv  Anderson , Jamie Vardy also on the list .

Wait for it .

Hi Cuttsie

Can't deny that those lads are great players, but I think we could argue until the moon turns green about all time great players

30 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Two ex Owls have made the four four two list of all time great players , Trever Francis and Viv  Anderson , Jamie Vardy also on the list .

Wait for it .

What no Waddle? And Vardy only played for the youth team, as for Viv, great player but not the greatest.

21 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

It’s not a list of all time great players.

I said wait for it and here it is .although one missing

4 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I said wait for it and here it is .although one missing

It’s not a list of all time great players. It’s a list of influential players. That’s why Bosman and the lady footballer are on it.

I suspect Cuttsie is waiting for my input.

Well all these lists are down to personal opinion and here's one that says an ex Blade is one of the Worlds greatest players.

It all means absolutely nothing in relation to how good they were when they represented our clubs on either list.

The 100 Best Footballers of All Time | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Di Canio was possibly the finest Ive seen at Hillsboro, Fantham was great but only when he wanted to be, but PDC had talent to burn and could turn a game in an instant, his awareness and movement combined with skill and anticipation set him apart.

Such a shame the board hung him out to dry, unlike man utd with cantona

16 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Di Canio was possibly the finest Ive seen at Hillsboro, Fantham was great but only when he wanted to be, but PDC had talent to burn and could turn a game in an instant, his awareness and movement combined with skill and anticipation set him apart.

Such a shame the board hung him out to dry, unlike man utd with cantona

If the board hadn't been stupid enough to get rid of big Ron I've a feeling it would of turned out alot different.

As you say though he was amazing, the finest footballer I've seen playing for us.

It's all opinions as to who's the greatest etc though, there can never be a definitive list as there will always be some bias in there aswell.

On 01/10/2021 at 09:07, Alextopman said:

Again it's all opinions but here's another one greatest English players.

There's quite a few ex Blades and Owls on here.

100 Greatest English Footballers of All-Time | StirloSports (wordpress.com)

Bobby Charlton number one ? He couldn't even head the ball or tackle. same with Beckham and how did Stiles make the list ? That's three Man, Utd players where  altho according to my dad and eldest brother-I was too young to see him- Duncan Edwards should be top of the list even if he died at 22, what could he not do ? As for 'footballers', how does Jackie Charlton qualify ? Bobby Moore number two ? C'mom !

Edited by St Petre
add