Ice Cream Van's To Be Banned In Sheffield Smh

15 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Progressive? Accepting?  Tolerant? forward thinking?

The moment away from stereotypical gender pronouns is not a new concept. It has been on the rise since at least 2015.

I usually agree with most of your posts, @ECCOnoob, but this time I'm wondering if you've had one too many brandies. 😀

On 01/10/2021 at 06:09, nikki-red said:

SMH = Shaking my Head.

To add a bit of clarity, the council are trying to get rid of the vans that need to keep their engines running…

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/anger-over-plan-to-ban-polluting-ice-cream-vans-in-sheffield-that-could-leave-hundreds-of-people-out-of-work-3402860

Bang on niki regarding the meaning of smh but as far as making out it's just about engines running that is correct but you can't defend the council because they haven't put anything in place for ice cream vans to connect to the mains where they are running their business and we all know that this is just a knock on effect because they the labour council from before the last election had a disagreement with a certain ice cream vendor outside Botanical Gardens and and the paved area outside the coffee shop at the Peace Gardens so because they couldn't win the argument they are making out out this decision is in regard to omissions and the Green Party councillors will back them because they are making out this is because of the missions when the original disagreement had nothing to do do with with emissions

16 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Why don't the ice cream persons use bicycles , stop me and buy one , they could parade up and down Fargate , Pinstone Street to their hearts content , no licence needed , no fumes , the bikes could be electric power , Electricity comes from outer space , so fill up at Council gas lamps . it makes sense dent it .

What when our business friendly labour Council previously stopped Sheffield Star from selling newspapers from kiosks that produced no fumes or problems they just don't know the best way to stop people from earning a living but cutting off income from tights nothing like shooting our city in the foot what's it's ok to waste taxpayers money while costs are rising and Sheffield is being left further and further behind

Edited by Conshefsky

Have you ever heard of sentences, paragraphs and full stops, mate?

200.gif

Not every one has a good way of expressing them selves in written English . On the forum we should just appreciate that all posts help to keep it going .

No, he is just ranting. Hnnnnngggggg woke council something something woke woke woke hnnnnngggggggg!!

22 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Why don't the ice cream persons use bicycles , stop me and buy one , they could parade up and down Fargate , Pinstone Street to their hearts content , no licence needed , no fumes , the bikes could be electric power , Electricity comes from outer space , so fill up at Council gas lamps . it makes sense dent it .

In the sixties Walls used to employ people at the weekends to  walk up and down streets  with a barrow containing a big block of ice to keep the stock cold, he used to knock on doors but most of the time kids would spot him and fetch the parents out,   he had to be like lightning going up and down the garden paths because the free standing barrow was left to the mercy of swarming kids.  :hihi:

53 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

In the sixties Walls used to employ people at the weekends to  walk up and down streets  with a barrow containing a big block of ice to keep the stock cold, he used to knock on doors but most of the time kids would spot him and fetch the parents out,   he had to be like lightning going up and down the garden paths because the free standing barrow was left to the mercy of swarming kids.  :hihi:

In Barnsley market street there is a lass with a electric bike , fridge on front who sells lovely whipped ice cream , she had a large brolly to keep her from the sun shine .

In Sheffield she would need health and safety checks , regulations for this that and the other and would not get past first hurdle . Jobs worths on our council are a bleedin scourge on man kind .

Edited by cuttsie

Aye because health and safety checks and red tape doesnt exist in other local authorities, only in Sheffield.

21 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Aye because health and safety checks and red tape doesnt exist in other local authorities, only in Sheffield.

Plus, she probably doesn't drink Stones in Norfolk Arms on Dixon Lane and therefore doesn't qualify as a proper Sheffielder. Ergo, no traders licence.

8 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Plus, she probably doesn't drink Stones in Norfolk Arms on Dixon Lane and therefore doesn't qualify as a proper Sheffielder. Ergo, no traders licence.

I have a stalker , I will watch my back when entering bottom of Lane , consider a disguise as these people can be very very dangerous .

On 01/10/2021 at 06:25, redruby said:

Thanks for that.

I absolutely agree that pollution needs to be tackled but picking on a small business like an ice cream van is wrong - it’s just an easy target and could drive them out of business. However, the photo in the article is Endcliffe Park and I do agree that the location it is parked in next to the playground maybe isn’t ideal - I think there are there are other locations around the park that could be used.

Worst placed ice cream van I've witnessed in Sheffield was outside Western Park. 

Parked up, engine running next to a mobile pollution monitoring station ...

What is the cost to convert to run these machines off battery?

Freezers generally use 30-50 watts, which should be ok off a 12V battery, but the whippy machine could use more?