Sarah Everard.

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Really - you've never seen a bloke hit a woman - never had a mate whose been strapped by his dad?

No. I never have seen a bloke hit a women apart from a time I was forced to watch Eastenders and Grant hit Sharon. 

Sure I've had mates who've been dealt by their dads, never with a strap though. What's your point? 

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

What a moron. He's clearly out of touch 

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No. I never have seen a bloke hit a women apart from a time I was forced to watch Eastenders and Grant hit Sharon. 

Sure I've had mates who've been dealt by their dads, never with a strap though. What's your point? 

Verbally or physically?

13 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Verbally or physically?

Both. I've had mates who have been dealt with in the same manner by their mums too. 

Myself included. 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Both. I've had mates who have been dealt with in the same manner by their mums too. 

Myself included. 

So your claim "I personally know no man who has ever laid their hands on a women or child in an aggressive or inappropriate way " doesn't really stack up.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

So your claim "I personally know no man who has ever laid their hands on a women or child in an aggressive or inappropriate way " doesn't really stack up.

Yes it does. 

Are you saying a Dad giving an unruly kid a clip is something to worry about? 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Yes it does. 

Are you saying a Dad giving an unruly kid a clip is something to worry about? 

Hitting a kid is aggression.

For decades the crimes of a notorious French serial killer have haunted the Paris crime squad.

But now a former military police officer is said to have confessed to being the murderer known as Le Grêlé - the pockmarked man - before his death.

Named locally as François Vérove, his DNA has been matched to several crime scenes linked to Le Grêlé.  His murders and rapes shocked Paris between 1986 and 1994 but until now were never solved.  Among the shocking crimes attributed to him was the murder of 11-year-old Cécile Bloch. She was reported missing after failing to show up to school in Paris in 1986.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58749596

On 29/09/2021 at 18:50, West 77 said:

Exactly correct. 

Will just add I support bringing back the death penalty for men convicted of crimes of this nature.

I'm with you on this one.  I find it strange that the law insists we provide him with food, clothing and heating etc. for the rest of his life.  The taxpayer provides - again.

Far too good for him, being locked up for the rest of his life, getting regular good hidings, thinking was it worth it every minute for the rest of his life? That’s much better.

3 hours ago, mikeG said:

I'm with you on this one.  I find it strange that the law insists we provide him with food, clothing and heating etc. for the rest of his life.  The taxpayer provides - again.

I find it strange that people think the best way to show killing is wrong is to kill people. Capital punishment has no place in the modern world. 

Edited by The_DADDY

I have a few problems with capital punishment. I can understand the logic behind it but I have trouble with the idea of coldly and deliberately setting a date for someone’s death. Killing in self defence or in the heat of battle during wartime I can understand but state sponsored killings like capital punishment make me uncomfortable. Also, there’s no room for error. You can’t pardon someone who’s 6 feet under if a mistrial or fit up by the powers that be come to light. That said, I won’t be shedding any tears if Sarah’s killer meets an untimely end during his sentence.