Sarah Everard.

30 minutes ago, boyfriday said:

Bloody hell, we've all been there Cress! 🤭

You aren't all desperate though!

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Part of me thinks the media and some agitators are going to try to push this along the lines of the Defund the Police campaign that's getting a foothold in parts of the US. 

I would go the opposite way.

Increase funding to provide more officers and in sufficient numbers to provide double crewing of car patrols and pairs of foot patrol officers.

This would both give increased security to the public,and also give some back up to officers who are required to get involved in threatening situations.

If it were possible to pair up male and female officers it would give some degree of reassurance when women or children are involved.

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Increase funding to provide more officers and in sufficient numbers to provide double crewing of car patrols and pairs of foot patrol officers.

This would both give increased security to the public,and also give some back up to officers who are required to get involved in threatening situations.

If it were possible to pair up male and female officers it would give some degree of reassurance when women or children are involved.

Yeah I'm pretty much in agreement with all of that apart from the part In bold. Women and children have nothing to fear from the huge majority of men. I personally know no man who has ever laid their hands on a women or child in an aggressive or inappropriate way. 

The only exception to this was a man near where I used to live  who raped his own daughters for several years until he was caught. His wife was a willing participant in the assaults. Thankfully the girls have amazing grandparents who took them in and gave them a chance of a decent life. 

10 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Fully agree with all of that .

43 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah I'm pretty much in agreement with all of that apart from the part In bold. Women and children have nothing to fear from the huge majority of men. I personally know no man who has ever laid their hands on a women or child in an aggressive or inappropriate way. 

The only exception to this was a man near where I used to live  who raped his own daughters for several years until he was caught. His wife was a willing participant in the assaults. Thankfully the girls have amazing grandparents who took them in and gave them a chance of a decent life. 

Unfortunately there is a gap between reality and perception which could be substantially mitigated by the presence of a female officer.

There are some ridiculous suggestions floating around for females who might be approached by a P.C. including haling a bus full of people.

Just now, RJRB said:

Unfortunately there is a gap between reality and perception which could be substantially mitigated by the presence of a female officer.

There are some ridiculous suggestions floating around for females who might be approached by a P.C. including haling a bus full of people.

I totally agree with that. Every single bit of it. 

It seems there's a push to make females feel more vulnerable than they actually are. To what end I really don't know but what I do know is that this whole saga is going to run and run and poor Sarah Everards name and memory is being used to push an agenda. 

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Have you had a very sheltered life?

Brought up in a pit village near Doncaster - I remember kids being beaten by their dads (my best mate Phil for one) - strap / belt was the favourite punishment - and more than a few women with black eyes / bruises they got "by accident" - and well known in the village that the manager of one of the local football teams got his daughter pregnant.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Wasn't that floated by the head of the Met Police?

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Have you had a very sheltered life?

No. Why? 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

No. Why? 

So apart from one example, you don't remember men being violent to women or kids?

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

So apart from one example, you don't remember men being violent to women or kids?

Read what I posted again. This time though it would probably be better if you read it properly instead of skim reading it and putting your own spin on it 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Read what I posted again. This time though it would probably be better if you read it properly instead of skim reading it and putting your own spin on it 

You said

"I personally know no man who has ever laid their hands on a women or child in an aggressive or inappropriate way. "

Really - you've never seen a bloke hit a woman - never had a mate whose been strapped by his dad?

Edited by Longcol