Sarah Everard.

The scumbag copper who murdered this poor lass was allegedly known within the force as being a bit rapey yet nothing was done. Glancing at the "news" on tv (I know I know) it appears that most of the conversation being had is how women are more at risk in society in general. Is this the case? 

Personally I think every one is at risk from bent coppers and more should be done to remove them from their positions of power. Making this almost exclusively about women being at risk in every day life seems to try and divert away from the fact the murderer was an officer of the law and instead of tackling that the focus seems to be on Men vs Women when in fact in my humble opinion it should be Everyone vs Bad Coppers. 

I think there's a fair few more men harassing women than there are bent coppers tbh. It sounds like he did abuse his power as a police man in this case from seeing the news, but I think the focus is quite rightly on how some men treat and think they can act towards women.

6 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

I think there's a fair few more men harassing women than there are bent coppers tbh. 

You think = You don't know so are guessing. 

7 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

It sounds like he did abuse his power as a police man in this case from seeing the news, 

100% Agree it seems like he falsely arrested her. 

8 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

, but I think the focus is quite rightly on how some men treat and think they can act towards women.

When in fact the focus should be on every bent copper and how they treat members of the public 

This isn't a man v woman thing in my view. 

15 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

This isn't a man v woman thing in my view

Unless you're at risk of being falsely arrested then raped and murdered by a police officer who was, in your own words "allegedly known within the force as being a bit rapey " then it very much is a man v woman thing.

Then again, you might just be an incredibly attractive man who has to fight off other rapey men on a regular basis.

Edited by The Joker

Male violence against females is a big topic at the moment, I thought the extent of it was pretty well understood.

But to put it into perspective the crime survey estimates that 2.9% of females aged 16 - 74 experienced any sexual assault in the last year. Unfortunately I can't find the proportion that were male on female but it's going to be the vast majority.  In England that equates to 1.18 Million women.

The police force in England has just over 135k FTE officers.

5 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

Male violence against females is a big topic at the moment, I thought the extent of it was pretty well understood.

But to put it into perspective the crime survey estimates that 2.9% of females aged 16 - 74 experienced any sexual assault in the last year. Unfortunately I can't find the proportion that were male on female but it's going to be the vast majority.  In England that equates to 1.18 Million women.

The police force in England has just over 135k FTE officers.

The key word there is Estimates 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Personally I think every one is at risk from bent coppers....

You think = you don't know so you are guessing.

4 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

You think = you don't know so you are guessing.

That's right. I'm guessing. 

Let me ask, do you feel it's women and only women who are at risk from bent coppers? 

11 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's right. I'm guessing. 

Let me ask, do you feel it's women and only women who are at risk from bent coppers? 

No, nor do I think that the police don't need to do anything about bent coppers. I'm merely trying to say why I think the media coverage has taken a particular direction. 

In relation to the Sarah Everard case, it is very much a male violence against women issue and I don't think the conversation on this should be derailed.

In light of Sabina Nessa's murder, the awful murders in Killamarsh recently, and the fact that 1 women every 3 days is murdered by a man in the UK - the focus in my opinion should be on the epidemic of violence against women. 

The details on Sarah's case are so harrowing and difficult to read, and my whole thoughts are with her loved ones, and other victims of police violence and survivors who may find today very difficult. 

(Edit: not posting as mod here, this is very much my opinion!)

It seems I'm very much in the minority with my opinion here which I'm fine with but I have to say I  would be happier if police corruption and police brutality was dealt with no matter the gender of the victim but if people latch on to this Man vs Women narrative and that results in something being done about the police in general then I'm all for it. Remember this was an officer of the law who abused his powers, arrested, raped and murdered somone and according to some reports in the media he had some sort of previous for similar things hence his rather vile nickname. 

35 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Wll just add I support bringing back the death penalty for men convicted of crimes of this nature.

Now that's a stupid idea. The death penalty has no place in our society. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Remember this was an officer of the law who abused his powers, arrested, raped and murdered somone and according to some reports in the media he had some sort of previous for similar things hence his rather vile nickname.

So if an ordinary civilian rapes and murders somebody, that's somehow better?  OK, thanks for the advice.