Music: Have You Ever Met Steve Clark?

2 hours ago, Isabella_Italy said:

Hello Sheffield,

have you ever met Steve Clark (Def Leppard)? My forever idol 

Is he the one who died ?  He was my favourite of the 5, but I can't remember why, it was a long time ago.

Pour some sugar on meeeeeeeeeeeee

2 hours ago, Isabella_Italy said:

no one? 😃

Well he died in the early 1990s, and he'd been living in Holland for a while before that . . . so no, I don't know if many people on here would have knowingly  met him.

Then again, I did have a very pleasant conversation with somebody who looked very much him, on a coach from Manchester to Sheffield many years ago, so you never know, maybe I did meet one of my childhood heroes 😁

I once had lunch with his grandmother Winnie in roughly 1985. She told us she'd been to see one of his "pop concerts" at the City Hall, but as she was sat opposite the huge speakers she had to cover her ears the whole time.

I remember we took our own food to the lunch (Chicken and Mushroon Pot noodles) and she was appalled.

Norbert I really loved what you wrote about Steve's granny, Winnie ❤ I wanted to write here immediately but I couldn't.  I love these kind of stories, are rare, because is not about the rockstar but his normal life, the most important thing. 

I have a photo, or better I have 2  photos,  Winnie was his granny from dad side?  I think he was a real musician, in one Steve Clark riff  they could create 3 or 4 songs.

The Joker  who knows maybe you met him.  I think Steve was a down to earth guitarist and this is precious as his music 

I worked with Steve when he was an apprentice at GEC Traction Sheffield

Most mornings he was shattered and spent time asleep hiding from the foreman