Weird Flying Thing Over Walkley / Hillsborough

6 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I also heard it as I was in bed. Definitely not a plane, but an unusual piercing sound.

You were probably dreaming at 1am in the morning..

Let me guess?

George Clooney giving you a Birthday Present.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, pattricia said:

I also heard it as I was in bed. Definitely not a plane, but an unusual piercing sound.

Yep - sounded a bit like when a plane goes into a dive at times.

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hahahahahahahahaha would love to see some new crudely drawn pictures of those....said nobody ever.

HHR - don't say owt but it was the prototype for the new Meadowhead to City Centre express mass transit system - keep it to yourself though

3 hours ago, makapaka said:

I think it might have been a drone.  Someone I know who lives at opposite end of Walkley saw it and thinks it was a drone also.

It will have been a drone, mostly likely a police drone. For the past year I've regularly seen one out of my living room window circling over the area between Meadowhall Road and Page Hall. I notice it mostly at night because it has a lights on but I've seen it doing the same in the daytime too. At first I thought it was a small light aircraft but I've seen it too often now for it to be manned unless someone really loves flying in slow tight circles for hours over a very specific bit of Sheffield...

Makes a change from the police helicopter buzzing over my house at all hours I suppose...

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

Guest makapaka
11 minutes ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

It will have been a drone, mostly likely a police drone. For the past year I've regularly seen one out of my living room window circling over the area between Meadowhall Road and Page Hall. I notice it mostly at night because it has a lights on but I've seen it doing the same in the daytime too. At first I thought it was a small light aircraft but I've seen it too often now for it to be manned unless someone really loves flying in slow tight circles for hours over a very specific bit of Sheffield...

Makes a change from the police helicopter buzzing over my house at all hours I suppose...

Yes this had lights on it also.

Last year they stopped Rotherham Vs Sheffield Wednesday game because of drone and south Yorkshire police started investigation.

Would not worry about it myself or wonder why it's there. Fear seems to be on most people forecourt these days.

4 hours ago, pattricia said:

Can anyone corroborate this? - the sound I mean,  not you in bed.

Edited by HumbleNarrator

Guest makapaka
26 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Can anyone corroborate this? - the sound I mean,  not you in bed.

Yes I can. 

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

Ooh err  missus .