Contribute To Saving The Planet.

Here's an idea. With the proposed planting of millions of trees how about combining this with natural burials?  Less pollution than cremation, body bags made from re-cycled plastic would save on other materials used for coffins, everyone could walk or cycle to the venue and  the responsibility for getting the star of the show to the grave side could be handed to  Deliveroo with a suitable trailer attached to their bikes. If the planet does survive then a walk in the woods, in 20 years time could take on a whole new meaning. 

"Interesting" (and possibly worthwhile) concept, but somehow I can't see this catching on.

Maybe in 20 years time as the OP suggests though.

Planting a tree is a really good idea. No downside.

I've planted a few in my time. Thanks to Google Streetview, I can see how my babies are doing.

Next time somebody is whinging about "climate change", ask 'em how many trees they've planted.

49 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Planting a tree is a really good idea. No downside.

I've planted a few in my time. Thanks to Google Streetview, I can see how my babies are doing.

Next time somebody is whinging about "climate change", ask 'em how many trees they've planted.

Me too. On a Job Creation scheme 45 years ago we planted over 10,000 saplings and laid several hundred yards of fencing over the old landfill site at Warren Vale in Rawmarsh:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rawmarsh/@53.473152,-1.3373246,501m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487976af12a38d6d:0x9e13cf114d434cf4!8m2!3d53.4616366!4d-1.3442806