Prisoners Upset About Breakfasts

12 hours ago, Padders said:

I thought prison was all about eating porridge.

As much as I like mi Porridge (with salt)

I'm No going in the stripy cell with out a fight.

See the source image

Keep safe.

Don't get caught

37 minutes ago, dutch said:

Psychiatrists are at standby to help you. I wish you all the best either way.

Can you recommend one? 😉

The resentment is entirely understandable.  But it's worth noting that Northsea Camp is an open prison, and apparently distinctive even among open prisons. 

A lot of the people in there will be coming to the end of their sentence and the regime at open prisons is supposed to encourage reintegration into the community.   Since most prisoners are going to be released at some point, it's counter-productive to brutalise them further (I'm obviously not saying that not having bacon and eggs is brutalising, I'm just making a general point!).

In this specific case "taxpayers" don't seem to be footing the bill for the food, or at any rate not all of it.  As the article says, the prison has a farm, and some of the food seems to come from the farm, on which prisoners work.

The provision of cooked breakfasts of this type at Northsea Camp was called out in this report on food in prisons, emphasising how unusual it was:  https://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk/hmiprisons/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/09/Life-in-prison-Food-Web-2016.pdf

7 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Can you recommend one? 😉

Sorry, I don't know any personally. Maybe you can realise yourself that hanging people is not a solution anymore.

Let me say something better, you are intelligent enough to understand that.

4 minutes ago, dutch said:

Sorry, I don't know any personally. Maybe you can realise yourself that hanging people is not a solution anymore.

It’s called having a sense of humour, try it sometime you never know you might just have one.👌

25 minutes ago, dutch said:

I'm sure there are a few 'Intelligent' people in Killamarsh  who would disagree with you on that one Dutch.

37 minutes ago, crookesey said:

It’s called having a sense of humour, try it sometime you never know you might just have one.👌

Love humor. just read post #10. Just considered hanging people not funny myself but you could be right here.

edit: source rotherham advertiser website

A KNIFEMAN who stabbed his victim in the buttocks with a flick knife gained seven stones in weight while waiting to be sentenced.

The judge told the barrister representing Ben White (34), of Pike Road, Brinsworth, at Sheffield Crown Court, “Well at least the prison food has been edible.”

White was put in custody after stabbing a man with a flick knife following an altercation in April last year.

His barrister, Ms Joy Merriam, said White had found his time in custody difficult — having had one face to face visit in that time.

“He has been in custody for 15 months and has gained over seven stones in weight in that time, due to the fact he has been incarcerated for 23 hours a day,” she said.

Edited by dutch

it sounded like a top class menu at north sea camp,best sausage and bacon farm direct,top fresh laid eggs and fresh tomatoes,add a nice cuppa and some bread,sounds top class by any standard,but now it sounds like a continental breakfast,could they not complain we have now left the european union and there for that option is null and void

34 minutes ago, bassett one said:

it sounded like a top class menu at north sea camp,best sausage and bacon farm direct,top fresh laid eggs and fresh tomatoes,add a nice cuppa and some bread,sounds top class by any standard,

If its an open prison does that mean canteen's open?

If I admit to steeling a 'Watch out there's a thief about' sticker off Woolworth's front door do you think I can get banged up by morning?

8):lol::blush:8)

When you are sentenced to a term of imprisonment you are deprived of your liberty for a set amount of time. You are not sentenced to be treated inhumanly.

I have done time over 20 years ago and prisons are actually making money from prisoner labour.

I remember the caged hen factory at Lindholm  prison  as well as the Argos returns that were fixed and resold back through Argos although I also remember a few prison staff members getting the sack for pilfering expensive items for themselves.

I remember reading that the measure of a country is how it treats its prisoners= https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-measure-of-a-country-is-how-it-treats-its-prisoners-the-us-is-failing/2019/02/06/8df29acc-2a1c-11e9-984d-9b8fba003e81_story.html
Prisons are not holiday camps and they do rehabilitate people providing they want to rehabilitate.

I have numerous qualifications and I have actually done better then some of my peers who have never been to prison.

Brutalising prisoners is not the way and the ones that don’t conform get put into solitary confinement anyway.

5 hours ago, mafya said:

Prisons are not holiday camps and they do rehabilitate people providing they want to rehabilitate.

I have numerous qualifications and I have actually done better then some of my peers who have never been to prison.

Say's it all.

Stuff getting into financial debt with student loans.

Where's the nearest Crowbar shop 👮‍♂️👮‍♀️

Bread and water,  yummy. :hihi: