A Worker Is Not Just For Christmas.

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

im not slagging anybody off, i know we are inviting people for interview and they just arent turning up, my two thoughts are theres that many places with vacancies they are doing lots of replies and then choosing one when they get a few offers in.

or

Its the ones wanting to stay on the dole and are just applying to keep the dole happy (you have to prove youre applying for jobs to stay on the dole)

I would have thought thatr the dole office check at least that thoise who are given interviews turn up, and that employers they send candidates to at least get their vacencies filled.  There surely is some kind of feedback that benefits all?

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I would have thought thatr the dole office check at least that thoise who are given interviews turn up, and that employers they send candidates to at least get their vacencies filled.  There surely is some kind of feedback that benefits all?

nope

or not when i was on the dole anyway, dont know if thats changed in the past 3 years, as long as you list the jobs youve "applied" for and theres a few every week, its done. you can actually just go through the paper and write a few down without actually applying

7 hours ago, L00b said:

7 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

It's been clarified that the figure is 27 fuel tanker drivers have applied to work in Britain under the government’s emergency scheme

Supply crisis: just 27 fuel tanker drivers from EU apply for emergency visas | News | The Times

What about this for a plan then? 

Target the EU drivers with tanker licences currently in the UK who haven't applied or a visa.  Arrest them in connection with something or others, then drug test them.  If they prove positive for drugs, then give them a choice.  We tell your employer, and......., or you apply for a visa for a few months, work here, then we'll forget the drugs?

If this blackmail constructive advice and recuitment works, similar measures could be applied elsewhere

of course... targetting troublemakers, union officials, rebel MP's, Police .......

Welcome to Boris's new state!

2 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

What about this for a plan then? 

Target the EU drivers with tanker licences currently in the UK who haven't applied or a visa.  Arrest them in connection with something or others, then drug test them.  If they prove positive for drugs, then give them a choice.  We tell your employer, and......., or you apply for a visa for a few months, work here, then we'll forget the drugs?

If this blackmail constructive advice and recuitment works, similar measures could be applied elsewhere

of course... targetting troublemakers, union officials, rebel MP's, Police .......

Welcome to Boris's new state!

I think I prefer the EU’s plan to offer free and immediate 5-year visas to British HGV drivers and their families 😁

Edited by L00b