Jump to content

Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum, Are You?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Starmer is called Tory-lite and a Blairite. The party changed direction over 20 years ago and finally became electable - but some Labour supporters can't get over that.

Blair cleaned up thatchers and Majors  mess and looks like Starmer will have to clean up Johnsons mess.

Edited by PRESLEY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alternative reading: isn't it always the Conservatives who have to clean up Labour's profligacy and financial incompetence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Alternative reading: isn't it always the Conservatives who have to clean up Labour's profligacy and financial incompetence?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2021 at 12:51, PRESLEY said:

Blair cleaned up thatchers and Majors  mess and looks like Starmer will have to clean up Johnsons mess.

An hilarious  comedic contribution.  The truth is Blair inherited a thriving UK economy thanks to both Mrs Thatcher and Mr Major. Lets not forget when the Blair and Brown years in power were over the  departing Labour chief secretary  to the Treasury left a note saying     I'm afraid there is no money"                                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, West 77 said:

An hilarious  comedic contribution.  The truth is Blair inherited a thriving UK economy thanks to both Mrs Thatcher and Mr Major. Lets not forget when the Blair and Brown years in power were over the  departing Labour chief secretary  to the Treasury left a note saying     I'm afraid there is no money"                                  

Let's not forget, when the Churchill/Eden/Macmillan/Douglas-Home years in power were over, the outgoing Chancellor, Reggie Maudling, left a note to his successor saying "Good luck, old c**k.... Sorry to leave it in such a mess".

Edited by CaptainSwing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

Let's not forget, when the Churchill/Eden/Macmillan/Douglas-Home years in power were over, the outgoing Chancellor, Reggie Maudling, left a note to his successor saying "Good luck, old c**k.... Sorry to leave it in such a mess".

Yes apparently it's a tradition for an out going Chancellor to leave the incoming Chancellor a good luck message.  Regarding the note left by the Labour fool in 2010 it  led to David Cameron winning a majority in the 2015 General Election because he showed everyone he met the note which made the Labour party unelectable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, West 77 said:

Yes apparently it's a tradition for an out going Chancellor to leave the incoming Chancellor a good luck message.  Regarding the note left by the Labour fool in 2010 it  led to David Cameron winning a majority in the 2015 General Election because he showed everyone he met the note which made the Labour party unelectable. 

It was a foolish note to leave, the Tory Chancellor will not be so stupid.

But if he were honest, the situation will be much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2021 at 12:51, PRESLEY said:

Blair cleaned up thatchers and Majors  mess and looks like Starmer will have to clean up Johnsons mess.

So taking over a strong economy and handing over to the next government a note saying 'there is no money' was clearing up mess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, El Cid said:

It was a foolish note to leave, the Tory Chancellor will not be so stupid.

But if he were honest, the situation will be much worse.

Absolutely - though the Sun, Express and all the others will be doing everything possible to convince their readers otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, West 77 said:

Yes apparently it's a tradition for an out going Chancellor to leave the incoming Chancellor a good luck message.  Regarding the note left by the Labour fool in 2010 it  led to David Cameron winning a majority in the 2015 General Election because he showed everyone he met the note which made the Labour party unelectable. 

I think you're getting into the realms of fantasy there Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/10/2021 at 12:45, alchresearch said:

Today's Rayner Rant is pretty good.  She's having a go at the Tories giving their donor "mates" (her words) contracts.

 

Thank goodness there's no hypocrisy there......

 

A businessman who benefited from a lucrative contract with the government for vaccines - and was later ennobled by Tony Blair - has donated half a million pounds to Labour

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2004/aug/24/partyfunding.uk

 

 

2011.

 

Ranyer was first elected in 2014 and only recently became deputy leader. So not really hypocritical, no. Unless the same happens on her watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.