Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum, Are You?

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Surely stupid is as stupid does sibon? I appreciate that you're a teacher but through life we're judged by our actions, not by our qualifications.

Ah, scratch that, what was I thinking now that we're living through the looking glass where MLK's dream is still naught but a dream. There's nothing on the other side of the hill but a bunch of no-marks with a chip on their shoulder. 

I think if you look at the barriers that Abbott faced to get to Cambridge, then you’d have to conclude that she isn’t stupid.

Misguided, possibly. An outlier in U.K. politics, certainly. But she’s not stupid.

She is a  frequent victim of racism too. I’d hope that would be as obvious and abhorrent to you as it is to me.

The OP is making a statement that "Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum" in the very title of this particular thread.

I think that's pretty bold.

He seems to be suggesting that it's not okay for others to be making unfounded claims that people are scum, but it's perfectly okay for him to do so. Is that a fair assessment?

42 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He seems to be suggesting that it's not okay for others to be making unfounded claims that people are scum, but it's perfectly okay for him to do so. Is that a fair assessment?

Yes, it is, well sort of. He's a troll and that's how trolls roll.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

The OP is making a statement that "Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum" in the very title of this particular thread.

I think that's pretty bold.

I'm not suggesting that and I'm pleased to be able to clear up your misunderstanding. 👍🏻

You seem to be saying that it's ok for others to make unfounded claims that people are scum and it's perfectly ok because you are scum too.

Is that a fair assesment?

3 hours ago, sibon said:

I think if you look at the barriers that Abbott faced to get to Cambridge, then you’d have to conclude that she isn’t stupid.

Misguided, possibly. An outlier in U.K. politics, certainly. But she’s not stupid.

She is a  frequent victim of racism too. I’d hope that would be as obvious and abhorrent to you as it is to me.

I don't disagree that she's achieved a lot but you and I seem to dancing on the head of a pin to wit the meaning of "stupid". I'm sure we've both told ourselves how stupid were were at various times through life, but I'm pretty certain that neither of us would be the walking talking catastrophe of a politician that Abbott is. Perhaps we can agree that she's hugely overachieved, despite her achievements. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I'm not suggesting that and I'm pleased to be able to clear up your misunderstanding. 👍🏻

You seem to be saying that it's ok for others to make unfounded claims that people are scum and it's perfectly ok because you are scum too.

Is that a fair assesment?

No my dear! I'm not merely saying you're suggesting it. I'm saying you're making a statement of fact, in the thread title, you clearly state for all to see, that...

"Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum"

I'm sure you can understand why someone reading that, may jump to the wild conclusion that, you are in fact, making a statement that "Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum"!

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

No my dear! I'm not merely saying you're suggesting it. I'm saying you're making a statement of fact, in the thread title, you clearly state for all to see, that...

"Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum"

I'm sure you can understand why someone reading that, may jump to the wild conclusion that, you are in fact, making a statement that "Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum"!

@Waldo thanks for telling me what I think, I will try to ask you next time I need to know my own opinion. Silly boy, you should know better.

Anyway, this did make me smile :) 

FAhhiM5XIAAc1vq?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Tony

32 minutes ago, Tony said:

@Waldo thanks for telling me what I think, I will try to ask you next time I need to know my own opinion. Silly boy, you should know better.

Thank you kindly for bearing with me and my silliness.

Are you saying there is a discord between what you publicly state on this forum, and what you think within the privacy of your own mind?

Just trying to understand!

Also, please, no need to adjust your behaviour on my account!

@Waldo Ah, I see the problem. You think I 'm only able to my deeply-held-and-never-will-falter opinion, like a Speakers Corner gob****e shouting into a bucket? Maybe that's your style. 🤷‍♂️

I prefer the quaint old fashioned technique of getting a discussion going, exploring ideas. hearing what other people think, using rhetoric, squeezing concepts to death, learning new things... God forbid... changing my mind sometimes! 

So whaddya think? Are you scum?

57 minutes ago, Tony said:

@Waldo Ah, I see the problem. You think I 'm only able to my deeply-held-and-never-will-falter opinion, like a Speakers Corner gob****e shouting into a bucket? Maybe that's your style. 🤷‍♂️

I prefer the quaint old fashioned technique of getting a discussion going, exploring ideas. hearing what other people think, using rhetoric, squeezing concepts to death, learning new things... God forbid... changing my mind sometimes! 

So whaddya think? Are you scum?

Do you see the problem? That's good if you do, I hope you derive some benefit.

You keep telling me what I think about you, but I honestly don't have many thoughts about you at all. Other than you making clear statements, which you seem to be saying, don't represent what you actually think. I've queried this, but you don't seem at all eager to clarify things. That's perfectly okay.

3 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

To be fair, you and I were talking about education, not intelligence - it's notorious that the two don't necessarily go together.  Nick Griffin also went to Cambridge.  David Cameron had the most expensive education money can buy and got a first in PPE, even being described by his tutor as one of the ablest students he'd ever had!

As for Diane Abbott, it seems clear that people who criticize her on the grounds of intelligence first decide that they don't like her for reasons of racism (and possibly also misogyny etc.), and then start looking for examples.  [Forum members excepted of course.]

Abbott is proof that you can be educated and intelligent, but still be an idiot.

Nothing to do with race and sex/gender... everything to do with her having idiotic views... and I'm a Labour voter!