Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum, Are You?

I couldn't care less what sort of background a politician comes from. We live in a capitalist society, where people have the right and opportunity to climb up the social and economic ladder; I don't understand the hatred towards people that have been successful, or even the hatred towards those who have descendants of those who were successful.

It's a strange world when people vote for politicians who want to make everyone have more chances, more money, more career progression then hate on the politicians who have actually taken those chances, made money and had greater career progression.

The politics of envy doesn't work and it's ugly.

23 hours ago, sibon said:

Indeed. There is a subset of people who attack Abbott, but don’t ever comment upon Helen Whatley, for example. I wouldn’t like to speculate on the reason why.

As for Toby Young, I’d hope that we would all agree that he is a proper example of someone who deserves to be called “scum”. He’s an horrendous public figure.

Abbott thinks Mao was an alright geezer... says it all, really.

Guest sibon
21 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Abbott thinks Mao was an alright geezer... says it all, really.

Thanks for that.

I notice that you have no opinion about the useless Helen Whatley. Why not? 

Did you ever recover from the Dolly Birds being banned from the fat men chucking mini spears tournaments?

Edited by sibon

25 minutes ago, sibon said:

Thanks for that.

Did you ever recover from the Dolly Birds being banned from the fat men chucking mini spears tournaments?

Well, i've not seen Helen Whatley admit support for a regime that killed millions of people, so... but, i've never voted Tory so i feel that's the best 'opinion' to give on that.

And that's a bit of a generalisation about dart players! Have you seen Gerwyn Price?

Yes, i still think it's a bit sad that women lost job opportunities due to the opinions of a minority. I suppose if they'd looked more like Angela Merkle you might have felt more for their plight, seeing how much you luuuurve the EU.

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Well, i've not seen Helen Whatley admit support for a regime that killed millions of people, so... but, i've never voted Tory so i feel that's the best 'opinion' to give on that.

And that's a bit of a generalisation about dart players! Have you seen Gerwyn Price?

Yes, i still think it's a bit sad that women lost job opportunities due to the opinions of a minority. I suppose if they'd looked more like Angela Merkle you might have felt more for their plight, seeing how much you luuuurve the EU.

That’s a lovely bunch of non-sequiturs you have there.

Take care of them, deliveries of new ones might be in short supply, in the next few months.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

Take care of them, deliveries of new ones might be in short supply, in the next few months.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

9 hours ago, sibon said:

Thanks for that.

Helen Who? 

9 hours ago, sibon said:

Thanks for that.

Helen Who? 

9 hours ago, sibon said:

Thanks for that.

Helen Who? 

8 hours ago, sibon said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Indeed they are Mr Sibon...

... I hope my new ones arrive before the pruning season ends! :)

Guest sibon
38 minutes ago, Tony said:

Helen Who? 

Helen Who? 

Helen Who? 

Out of a rich seam of  idiotic performances, I like this recent one the best. It features two fine political minds.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/helen-whately-gavin-williamson-racist-v238b2365

29 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Indeed they are Mr Sibon...

... I hope my new ones arrive before the pruning season ends! :)

😀

If they don’t, just let me know. I have some telescopic loppers that will do a fine job for you.

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

Out of a rich seam of  idiotic performances, I like this recent one the best. It features two fine political minds.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/helen-whately-gavin-williamson-racist-v238b2365

😀

Now you have me even more confused Sibon. Bearing in mind collective responsibility she seems to be getting as close to what most people think of Williamson as she possibly could without getting herself sacked. A pretty honest performance really.

What's your problem with her again because it's not clear why you're comparing a very lowly on-policy (and elected-for manifesto) minister to somebody who wanted to be in charge of the both police and immigration who holds opinions which are at odds with the role, i.e. extremely anti-police and extremely pro-immigration.  

I'm not trying to catch you out, I genuinely don't understand why you chucked Helen Whatley, who seems pretty vanilla, into a somebody's criticism of Diane Abbott in this thread about everyone up north being friendly scum.

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, Tony said:

Now you have me even more confused Sibon. Bearing in mind collective responsibility she seems to be getting as close to what most people think of Williamson as she possibly could without getting herself sacked. A pretty honest performance really.

What's your problem with her again because it's not clear why you're comparing a very lowly on-policy (and elected-for manifesto) minister to somebody who wanted to be in charge of the both police and immigration who holds opinions which are at odds with the role, i.e. extremely anti-police and extremely pro-immigration.  

I'm not trying to catch you out, I genuinely don't understand why you chucked Helen Whatley, who seems pretty vanilla, into a somebody's criticism of Diane Abbott in this thread about everyone up north being friendly scum.

It’s quite simple really. Abbott gets chucked out very frequently as an example of a stupid politician saying stupid things. I’m not clear why she’s been brought into this thread in the first place. She’s kind of a poster girl in that regard for a certain type of poster.

Whilst it is beyond doubt that Abbott says some stupid things, she’s clearly not stupid.  So, I was just drawing an equivalence. Whatley is an obvious choice. I could  have chosen Williamson, or Raab who both appear to have limited intellectual resources and a propensity to say stupid things.

In short, I think quite a few of the people who cite Abbott in this way are being racist. I don’t like it.

Just now, sibon said:

It’s quite simple really. Abbott gets chucked out very frequently as an example of a stupid politician saying stupid things. I’m not clear why she’s been brought into this thread in the first place. She’s kind of a poster girl in that regard for a certain type of poster.

Whilst it is beyond doubt that Abbott says some stupid things, she’s clearly not stupid.  So, I was just drawing an equivalence. Whatley is an obvious choice. I could  have chosen Williamson, or Raab who both appear to have limited intellectual resources and a propensity to say stupid things.

In short, I think quite a few of the people who cite Abbott in this way are being racist. I don’t like it.

Surely stupid is as stupid does sibon? I appreciate that you're a teacher but through life we're judged by our actions, not by our qualifications.

Ah, scratch that, what was I thinking now that we're living through the looking glass where MLK's dream is still naught but a dream. There's nothing on the other side of the hill but a bunch of no-marks with a chip on their shoulder.