Keir Starmer And Angela Rayner Are Scum, Are You?

Angela Rayner has made a bit of a kerfuffle at the Labour Party Conference.

“Now that is a phrase, and let me contextualise it, it’s a phrase that you would hear very often in northern working class towns that we’d even say it jovially to other people. 

That's not the sort of language that will entice Tory voters to change their vote to Labour and I suspect that she was a bit drunk and that generally she's a bit thick. However, she pathetically tried to defend herself by saying that calling people "scum" is a jovial term us Northerners use. If she called me, mine, or my friends "scum" we'd be having a pretty serious conversation - is it friendly banter for you? 

So what do you think? Is she an idiot or was she just drunk and showing off at a Labour Party drinks event?

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

That's not the sort of language that will entice Tory voters to change their vote to Labour and I suspect that she was a bit drunk and that generally she's a bit thick. However, she pathetically tried to defend herself by saying that calling people "scum" is a jovial term us Northerners use. If she called me, mine, or my friends "scum" we'd be having a pretty serious conversation - is it friendly banter for you? 

So what do you think? Is she an idiot or was she just drunk and showing off at a Labour Party drinks event?

I think she's a hypocrite. In the same interview with Trevor Sinclair, she tries to defend calling Tories scum and then says she'll go after anyone that abuses Labour MPs online as abuse shouldn't be tolerated. 

Comedy gold

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Using the word 'scum' is wrong for someone in public office, all the other stuff is ok.

I personally think that the Labour MPs should call Johnson a liar at Westminster, since that is an accurate discription and it will get more attention of the right kind.

25 minutes ago, Tony said:

Could have been worse, she could have called black people piccaninnies or gay blokes tanked topped bum boys.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

Could have been worse, she could have called black people piccaninnies or gay blokes tanked topped bum boys.

But she called you scum instead.

We do tend to get all worked up and sniffy, don't we, when women, particularly women in power, are a bit impolite and unladylike.  I think her description was pretty accurate.

Having said that, that was quite the ridiculous backtracking, and a Labour representative should have a good look at themselves before accusing others of being misogynistic. 

And of course 'scum' isn't a jovial term for northerners; we tend to use ****** and **** as jovial greetings between friends.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

But she called you scum instead.

Did she? 

6 minutes ago, Hecate said:

We do tend to get all worked up and sniffy, don't we, when women, particularly women in power, are a bit impolite and unladylike.  I think her description was pretty accurate.

Having said that, that was quite the ridiculous backtracking, and a Labour representative should have a good look at themselves before accusing others of being misogynistic. 

And of course 'scum' isn't a jovial term for northerners; we tend to use ****** and **** as jovial greetings between friends.

As elegant and incisive as ever Hecate. 👌

27 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Kinder, gentler politics.

Didn’t work but I doubt getting into the gutter with Johnson is a good idea.

Corbyn got called a heck of a lot worse.

And Boris has a nice line in insults and belittling behaviour.