Boro V Blades

Guest sibon
7 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Like I said if you're in the opposition area you're attacking and the opposition are defending.

You're correct about the end product although 12 goals in 5 games is a good return it paints a false picture.

I guess so.

What I’m trying to say is that I didn’t see many proper goal attempts. Or moves that would lead to one.

Nice tippy tappy stuff, but Boro had it all under control 

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

I guess so.

What I’m trying to say is that I didn’t see many proper goal attempts. Or moves that would lead to one.

Nice tippy tappy stuff, but Boro had it all under control 

Correct.

Jankovic really needs to purge the team of the ghost of United past i.e. Wilder, by dropping Norwood and Fleck who are both well past their use by date. At the moment, we have a shaky defence, a soft centre and a strike force comprising one who's constantly injured or unfit, 2 expensive flops and 2 old warhorses, both well under 6' tall. There's a lack of height and physicality throughout the team, which is beginning to remind me of the Nigel Clough era when we had Louis Reed, Stefan Scougall and various other diminutives turning out every week.

I hope Berge is ready to start on Saturday and I'd like to see Hourihane given a run of games to enable him to settle in. This might help us play more direct football instead of exhibition football which is pleasing on the eye but produces little or no end product.