Anti-Vaxxers Outside Peace Gardens

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

just a pity its not "experimental" then, weve already gone through all this but you choose to ignore the facts

I'm not disgussing it any further on this thread. That's why I supplied  a link to the main thread. 

"Boris should've got the water cannons out & given the protesters a good wash"

choice have the vax    or  you can die,many have,if you dont get a jab  as judge rinder would say STUPID

2 hours ago, ProperBrew said:

Hi,

Did anyone notice the anti-vaxxers under the old bus shelters outside the Peace Gardens today, waving crazy signs? I've not been that far up town in a while, are they a regular occurence? And what's up with them?

You see you are part of the problem. You have immediately jumped to the conclusion that all anti-vaxxers are 'crazy' without understanding any of the arguments. That's probably not your fault because their side of the argument has been suppressed and rarely makes it into the MSM. You have to take the time and trouble to investigate for yourself.  

I happen to disagree with some of what the antivaxxers y say, but not all. I have at least tried to look at the arguments for and against from both sides. I have chosen to have the vaccine because I am old and at risk, but if I was young I might have chosen differently and that's the point. It should be a personal and informed choice, but the government is trying to force it on everyone by coercion. I can understand why, but it's still wrong and sets a very worrying precedent. 

Guest sibon

I think we should send the army in.

4 hours ago, ProperBrew said:

Hi,

Did anyone notice the anti-vaxxers under the old bus shelters outside the Peace Gardens today, waving crazy signs? I've not been that far up town in a while, are they a regular occurence? And what's up with them?

Seems to happen most Saturdays in many towns and cities. 

Some people obviously have nothing better to do on Saturdays.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

You see you are part of the problem. You have immediately jumped to the conclusion that all anti-vaxxers are 'crazy' without understanding any of the arguments. That's probably not your fault because their side of the argument has been suppressed and rarely makes it into the MSM. You have to take the time and trouble to investigate for yourself.  

I happen to disagree with some of what the antivaxxers y say, but not all. I have at least tried to look at the arguments for and against from both sides. I have chosen to have the vaccine because I am old and at risk, but if I was young I might have chosen differently and that's the point. It should be a personal and informed choice, but the government is trying to force it on everyone by coercion. I can understand why, but it's still wrong and sets a very worrying precedent. 

Ah, the good old both sides fallacy, the tribe of cannibals wants to eat all the people in a village, the people in the village don't want to be eaten, but we should meet in the middle, and let the cannibals eat half of the people in the village, both sides have been taken into consideration here.

As for the idea that I haven't done any investigating myself, I have, the arguments put forward by the people out were all arguments from emotion, they had no basis in fact, it was all to scare passes by. There was no science involved, no studies, they were crazy. It had nothing to do with informed choice, they weren't respecting anyones choice, they were trying to stoke fear, and promote false information.

If someone chooses not to get vaccinated, but understands the science behind it, I think that's stupid, but it doesn't make them an anti-vaxxer, unless they are out ignoring the science, and telling other people to not get vaccinated. You also have anti-vaxxers who go around believe that Bill Gates has something to do with vaccinations, as well as microchips, etc, if that's not crazy, please tell me what is.

TBH they may as well bring out banners that say "Bring Back Measles, Mumps, and Rubella!" or "Marco! Polio!" or "TB or not TB"

8 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Seems to happen most Saturdays in many towns and cities. 

Some people obviously have nothing better to do on Saturdays.

What do you do on a Saturday that's better?

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

.. It should be a personal and informed choice, ...

That concept has become a nonsense.  Scientific evidence is rejected without even the most cursory of examination by people who hold up Niki Minaj Twitter posts and a bunch of cynical grifters on Fox News as equivalent sources. 

When my boiler breaks down I don't tell the engineer that I want to research the subject myself before he uses that particular tool and that diameter pipe to restore my hot water and heating.  Why?  Because I trust his years of training and experience and acknowledge that I know about as much about plumbing as he does about immunology and virology.  Funny how some people think that doesn't work the same way for scientific and medical careers.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Mister M said:

"Boris should've got the water cannons out & given the protesters a good wash"

I resemble that remark!

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

That concept has become a nonsense.  Scientific evidence is rejected without even the most cursory of examination by people who hold up Niki Minaj Twitter posts and a bunch of cynical grifters on Fox News as equivalent sources. 

When my boiler breaks down I don't tell the engineer that I want to research the subject myself before he uses that particular tool and that diameter pipe to restore my hot water and heating.  Why?  Because I trust his years of training and experience and acknowledge that I know about as much about plumbing as he does about immunology and virology.  Funny how some people think that doesn't work the same way for scientific and medical careers.

When your boiler breaks down I presume you have a choice of who to call, and would chose a reliable person with experience not some fly-by-night-rip off merchant. How do you know which is which? That's where research comes in handy. 

There are a good many well qualified doctors and medics who believe the government is wrong in a lot of what it says, and disagree with 'the experts' who are rolled out in the media, but instead of giving the public all the information, the government has deliberately tried to supress this point of view, giving rise to no end of 'conspiracy theories' some of which are downright daft.  But not all. I do hope your research was more than simply talking to a 'bunch of crazy people.'  

The government has also changed its thinking back and forth throughout the pandemic instead of being honest, (eg masks - not useful at all in fact harmful, to absolutely essential and mandatory) so people understandably don't trust what they say. The Prime Minister hardly has a reputation for honesty.

Serious as it is, this isn't The  Black Death Plague as has been reported as in the alarmist media. The percentages effected are actually quite small.   And don't forget the government's measures, eg lockdown, has also put people's lives at risk.  

Edited by Anna B

2 hours ago, Hecate said:

I am against Big Plumbing, they seek to undermine the average person, and treat us like idiots! Look, I have watched some YouTube videos on how to fix a boiler, let me come round, I'll fix it for you! Big Plumbing will come into your house, and install spy cameras, which will tell Bill Gates everything you are doing, and you don't want that, think of the kids!