City Hall Ballroom 50s And 60s

2 hours ago, GOLDEN OLDIE said:

Memories of dancing at the City Hall Ballroom please!!!!!!

Cue Pattricia.

4 hours ago, GOLDEN OLDIE said:

was that bernard taylor big band for the main dancing? and then the organ for sequence dancing in the interval. and the bouncers giving the tap on the shoulder and saying no close dancing or no jiving.

5 hours ago, GOLDEN OLDIE said:

Ah yes ! I was so flat chested I had to draw an arrow on my chest saying “ You Are Here “   I used to stuff nylons into my bra to make my bust look bigger. This poor chap asked me to dance and because we had to raise our arms during the dance my nylons slowly crept out of my bra and onto my chest ! The poor chap fled the dance floor never to be seen again !

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

Ah yes ! I was so flat chested I had to draw an arrow on my chest saying “ You Are Here “   I used to stuff nylons into my bra to make my bust look bigger. This poor chap asked me to dance and because we had to raise our arms during the dance my nylons slowly crept out of my bra and onto my chest ! The poor chap fled the dance floor never to be seen again !

That's certainly an experience!

13 hours ago, Meltman said:

That's certainly an experience!

Yes, poor devil ! He looked terrified ! I mean he must have thought I was a drag Queen !

Doe anyone remember what happened once rock and roll started to take off - middle 50s? As far as the City Ballroom? Was there still a band?

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

Yes, poor devil ! He looked terrified ! I mean he must have thought I was a drag Queen !

That would have been a shock!!!