St Givens Day

Its 40 years since Sheffields most humble togga day ,    Our Johny come lately team was relegated to the fourth division of English togga.

No bouncing about back then ,just humble pie for tea , I even know one kid that had a tattoo dedicating winning the fourth div title , He has had it surgically removed due to the barrage of embarrassing  comments when ever shirtless .

1 hour ago, prince al said:

God bless you my son!

thank you.

I seldom read anything to do with football, but for some reason I'd read these posts.
I  was driving up the M42/A42  a few week's ago and listening to Radio Derby for the traffic news.There was an old boy from Heage (in Derbyshire) being interviewed and  who had started doing National Service in the fifties and was posted to somewhere down south.

He'd suggested a game of  Togga/Togger  to his fellow recruits in the barrack block  who had never heard of the term.
He was nicknamed Togger for the next two years !

5 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Its 40 years since Sheffields most humble togga day ,    Our Johny come lately team was relegated to the fourth division of English togga.

No bouncing about back then ,just humble pie for tea , I even know one kid that had a tattoo dedicating winning the fourth div title , He has had it surgically removed due to the barrage of embarrassing  comments when ever shirtless .

Cuttsie, if you post this in the Sheffield Football section it might get a reaction. 🙂

6 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Oh dear, this wouldn't be a wind up thread would it just because it's the bouncing stopped day , no it can't be because you were moaning about wind up threads on another thread and that would be double standards from you !!!!!!!!

Praise the Lord  for Saint Givens day! Who remembers John Mathews bottling it?