Panic Buying At Petrol Stations?

Are there any apps or websites which indicate fuel availability for petrol stations within your area?

Guest makapaka
54 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Just seen a report on the BBC, a couple of drivers were both saying they blamed the media for current chaos at the pumps, they're not wrong!

It’s not the media’s fault people aren’t able to think for themselves.

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I didn't realise there was a shortage of popcorn in the EU!

I'd better nip off to Aldi a bit sharpish... :hihi:

I’m short of popcorn. I’m not “the EU”. 😉

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Smart move by Unite. After all, if forecourts can hike prices due to the shortage (see tinfoilhat's £1.64 per litre yesterday) then workers should be able to take advantage of the same market conditions.

But maybe not the most popular move, under the circumstances.

There may well be some opportunistic price gouging going on, but fuel prices have been rocketing, and continue to do so, everywhere. Not just in the UK.

13 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It’s not the media’s fault people aren’t able to think for themselves.

Its not like panic buying is something new. Scotland sent the army in ages ago, Johnson is dithering. His armoured Jaguar XJ Sentinel supercharged 5.0 litre V8 has a full tank, it only does 25mpg so he could only get 250 miles.

Nobody is going to bother queuing to buy less than the maximum to fill up. I am now driving around with a nearly full tank, perfectly confident that I can cover any emergency, which hopefully will not happen. I shan’t need to visit the pumps for a few weeks, like millions of others, the pumps will be back to normal in no time.

Just now, crookesey said:

Nobody is going to bother queuing to buy less than the maximum to fill up. I am now driving around with a nearly full tank, perfectly confident that I can cover any emergency, which hopefully will not happen. I shan’t need to visit the pumps for a few weeks, like millions of others, the pumps will be back to normal in no time.

You say this, but like I said above, I drove past a station this morning that has had no fuel since Sunday night and only receives one delivery a week on a Saturday night. If stations arent being filled any quicker it may take longer than you think.

We as a nation, are about as good at getting ourselves out of the brown stuff as we are at falling into it. I will give it a few days, 150 armed services drivers my backside, who’s going to count them?

I don't normally watch the news but caught a bit of the local Calendar segment. They only seemed to stoke the fire as far as the "shortages". They did do a very good bit of publicity for the petrol station at Hathersage where someone said that people were coming there as there was no fuel in Sheffield 🙄 I guess being liberal with the truth to make a bit of money isn't a crime, at least not according to governments and big business. 

20 minutes ago, crookesey said:

We as a nation, are about as good at getting ourselves out of the brown stuff as we are at falling into it. I will give it a few days, 150 armed services drivers my backside, who’s going to count them?

The great has been removed from Britain, and replaced with Grate...

These people are a joke, and should be totally ashamed of themselves..

As a nation, we have sunk into the gutter.

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

The great has been removed from Britain, and replaced with Grate...

These people are a joke, and should be totally ashamed of themselves..

As a nation, we have sunk into the gutter.

These being?

9 minutes ago, crookesey said:

These being?

The panic buyers.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The army are driving ambulances in Scotland which are not being  used to deliver fuel to petrol stations.  

How do you know the Jag has a full tank?

Do you think it hasn't?