Panic Buying At Petrol Stations?

Just now, Padders said:

Being a fully paid up member of "The Alcoblog Appreciation Society" I resent that description...

👍👏

58 minutes ago, The Joker said:

The Shell station at the bottom of Netherthorpe Road did have some pumps open this morning (a change from yesterday morning, when they didn't) but you might find the price of 140p+ per litre a rip off

https://find.shell.com/gb/fuel/10019377-eg-st-phillips-service-station

The cost per L isn't really a problem compared to losing a day or mores wages.

Cheers for the heads up.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Thats not very nice. I could be lovely in real life.

99% of your post aren't very nice, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. :hihi:

7 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

99% of your post aren't very nice, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. :hihi:

To be fair, he does make a very nice Cheese n Ham sandwich.

Couldn't just work at home anymore so went out and found fuel last night. Lots on next week so filled up. 

Was there a limit? It was quiet (really!) So I glanced at the previous sales on nearby pumps £20, £10, £32 £18. Must be limit - but no there isn't. Is this evidence of panic buying?

11 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Couldn't just work at home anymore so went out and found fuel last night. Lots on next week so filled up. 

Was there a limit? It was quiet (really!) So I glanced at the previous sales on nearby pumps £20, £10, £32 £18. Must be limit - but no there isn't. Is this evidence of panic buying?

Been out to Barnsley this morning no que's what so ever even at the big super Markets.

Would have loved your petrol pump readings to have been 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42:hihi:

Keep safe.

54 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

When I was younger money was always tight, putting in £10/£20 worth of fuel was normal. I believe most are more well off these days, but if you believe the media there are loads of poor people.

Do poeple think we shouldnt have poor people in the real world?

Edited by El Cid

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

When I was younger money was always tight, putting in £10/£20 worth of fuel was normal. I believe most are more well off these days, but if you believe the media there are loads of poor people.

??????   £5 was the norm El Cid

You'd be lucky if the wages were £20 for most of the reprobates on here.

21 minutes ago, altus said:

Read that much earlier - I couldn't believe either, but there must be more idiots on the road than I thought.

I'm not a driver, but I can tell the difference between a cement tanker (or similar) and a petrol one - a glaring one being that a fuel tanker has a big orange hazard sign on the side and rear.

Edited by RollingJ
Added comment

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

That last bit is a real real stretch. Do all the poor people turn up at the same time? That said, plenty of boy racers knocking about last night so it coukd have been them i guess. 

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Been out to Barnsley this morning no que's what so ever even at the big super Markets.

Would have loved your petrol pump readings to have been 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42:hihi:

Keep safe.

I think they only had 4 on, barriers in front of the others - I only looked at 4 though anyway. 

Sounds awful in the Tory heartlands of the South East... de dums!

Hope the penny drops about the fraudster, fornicator foolish pretender who thinks he's a leader.

Utter disaster.